Windows 10: Outlook 2013

Discus and support Outlook 2013 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lari, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Lari Win User

Outlook 2013

Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today.

:)

Lari, Mar 6, 2016
  2. docmobs Win User

Duplicate tasks - Windows Phone 8.1

I have Windows phone 8.1 with Ofc 365 with Outlook 2013. Calendar events created in outlook 2013 on my PC sync with Outlook.com/calendar and Outlook Calendar app on my phone. Tasks created in Outlook 2013 on my PC sync with Outlook.com/calendar, but on
    my phone they are duplicated. If I remove one of the duplicates on the phone, the task in Outlook 2013 on is totally eliminated. Any hints?

Thank you.

docmobs, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Julie fka profjulie, Mar 6, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Outlook 2013

Run a Repair option.
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll to Microsoft Office 2013 > right click at it > click Change > click Repair........

See if that will solve the problem.

davidhk, Mar 6, 2016
  5. Lari Win User
    I tried the "Quick Repair" twice and rebooted in between. Did not fix.

Then the "Long Repair" and rebooted after. Did not fix. It appears that the "Long Repair" does some sort of reinstall whereby I needed to type-in the Product Key. I do have the purchased DVD and am wondering if I need to "Uninstall" and start over and Install from the DVD? Will my Outlook emails and Folders remain intact in the Windows system?

Lari, Mar 6, 2016
  6. Lari Win User
    BTW, I had also posted something with Microsoft on this, but no response which does not surprise me. Microsoft employees must be on "Overload" with all of the problems created with Windows 10! I never had any of these problems with Windows 7, but the Hard drive went out and I was forced to purchase a new computer with Windows 10. I have other "Stable" computers with Windows 7 and I refuse to upgrade!!!

Lari, Mar 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I would export emails, contacts etc from Outlook 2013 first before doing the uninstall/reinstall.

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-ff9ef1068f91

davidhk, Mar 6, 2016
  8. Lari Win User

Outlook 2013

*Smile Thank you David!

That will by next move. Hopefully, Windows 10 did not corrupt beyond this. There are other minor bugs in Windows 10 that are more annoying than a real problem. If Microsoft wants to increase its customer base or not lose some of it, then they need to pay attention. I've used both Apple and PC products and the PC environment is a lot better in my opinion!!!

Lari, Mar 7, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    If you decide to carry out the uninstall/reinstall, please post back to let us know if problem is solved or not.

Good luck.

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  10. Lari Win User
    David,

Microsoft, finally answered, and I will copy here in case that ever happens to anyone else. I suspect that this only will happen in Windows 10![

FIX: "Reply
    Sounds like your new message window is opening off-screen. If you right-click the peek, you should see an "Move" options. Select it, then use the arrow keys to try to move it back on the screen. When it's positioned, press enter.

Read this reply on Microsoft Community."

QUOTE=davidhk;593347]If you decide to carry out the uninstall/reinstall, please post back to let us know if problem is solved or not.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

11. davidhk Win User
    Thanks for the solution.
    Please mark this thread as Solved.

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  12. snoopy51 Win User
    Haha. This happens to me in one of beta copy of Outlook 2013 a few years. HaHa, worked with the same solution!

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2013

1. Outlook 2013 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013

2. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  3. Outlook 2013 running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 2013 running on Windows 10: My Windows 8.1 was recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home. On both versions Outlook 2013 and MS Edge keeps opening up multiple times. Each one in separate windows. Task manager reported up to 73 occurrences of Outlook 2013 email inboxes. How can i prevent this from happening? I...
  4. Unable to install outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install outlook 2013: Unable to re-install outlook 2013, after a fresh re-install of windows 10, response found a pre-release version of office product running which is preventing installation of outlook 2013. Went thru all the posted resolution steps, no luck. BK...
  5. Can't send email from a gmail email acct from Outlook 2013- 0x800ccc81

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't send email from a gmail email acct from Outlook 2013- 0x800ccc81: One of my gmail accounts won't send emails anymore (via Outlook 2013). Whenever I try, I get this error: 0x800ccc81 -- I can receive emails for this account, but not send them. This account was sending emails fine a few weeks ago, but not now. All the account settings for...
  6. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  7. Transferring Outlook 2013 accounts, files, .pst, etc to new computer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transferring Outlook 2013 accounts, files, .pst, etc to new computer: Hi, I am about to install Win 10 Pro 64-bit on a computer and then install Outlook 2013 on it -- and then I want to transfer all my Outlook 2013 email accounts from a different computer to this new one. What are the steps involved? Is it as simple as copying the .pst files...
  8. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2013 and hyperlinks in emails are not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2013 and hyperlinks in emails are not opening: I still use Microsoft Outlook 2013 and for the last several months the emails I receive from known addresses with hyperlinks included are not able to be opened. A message appears telling me to contact my administrator. If I go to webmail and check emails a different way the...
  10. More than One Email Account on Outlook 2013 on a pc with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than One Email Account on Outlook 2013 on a pc with Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I installed my old Outlook Home & Business 2013, where I had my email accounts. On windows 7, I had a Main email account on Outlook, then added a second email account. Even though I had two accounts, I was able to...