Windows 10: Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

Discus and support Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wimorrison, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set the Folder Root to [GMail] I lose all the other folders in Outlook and [Google Mail] doesnt appear in the GMail labels list at all I wonder if someone can suggest how to cure this issue as I have noticed it now on 2 other GMail accounts that I use and it is annoying Thanks Iain Win 10 Version10.0.19043 Build 19043 Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.14026.20202) 32-bit

:)

wimorrison, Jun 15, 2021
  2. ikhadduri Win User

Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

Thanks again SoFine 409.

I did get to the step:
    'In App passwords click the right arrow'

As I mentioned above, there is no 'dropdowns' showing in my case so as to choose : "Mail" on my "WindowsComputer" then Generate as you can see:

Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders [​IMG]

It is only text '[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]App passwords allow you to access your Google Account through apps such as Mail on an iPhone or Mac, or Outlook. [/COLOR]Learn more' with no links to generate.'
    There is no:

1. isit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account. Done
    2. At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
    3. Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
      Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders GEr4Rrj_wq4M6j2F5v68FiUNwDomt6Wf9ni5EXBXkpJ2131jgMdgfzGWTONWZ2211Fl1topp7w=w475.png

4. Click Generate.

Problems signing in with 2-Step verification? - Accounts Help

Is my gmail account lacking in something?
    How can I remedy this, please?
    Shall I switch to 2 step verification first? I am using the Samsung mobile to confirm my Gmail password for the moment.

All the best

ikhadduri, Jun 15, 2021
  3. lx07 Win User
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

The "Outbox" is only for unsent mail so I guess you don't mean that but rather "Sent Mail"?

Anyway, what is your email account?

My sent mail for gmail (bottom account below) shows not under "Sent Items" but "[Google Mail]\Sent Mail" whereas my outlook.com account (top one below) shows in the root of the IMAP tree.

You can change the root folder path (that is the name of the directory that the "inbox", "sent items" etc directories are stored under on your IMAP server) here:

but while entering the root folder name here works for other IMAP mail accounts I use (so you see "Sent Items" under root not subdirectory) I use I never got it to work properly for Gmail on Outlook 2016 for some reason.

4. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

1. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 GMail

2. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  3. Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error: I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour or something which needs fixing? [img] 160520
  4. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  5. configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10: I am struggling to configure outlook 2016 on windows 10 to be used with gmail. The error I am getting is following [ATTACH] I read following "since July 15, 2014, Google has strengthened the protection of accounts by blocking applications that use simple validation...
  6. Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016: There are many articles describing how to move mail, but NONE have the data location correct! Articles say use EML to PST converters, but that assumes that you can find EML messages. As a test, I set up Windows 10 MAIL app today. Let it populate my mail. Searched my...
  7. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  8. Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account: Hello- I'm running Office 2016 from MS Office Professional Plus along with Google Gmail on a Windows 10 PC. I have two Outlook Data Files; one is Outlook and One is Gmail. I want to retain most of my email data locally within the Outlook Data File. The only data I want...
  9. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...