Windows 10: Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

Discus and support Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

Hi there

This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole thing has been "Dummified" to use dropdowns,

This might be OK for people who fit standard basic needs such as just using an email with gmail or from an ISP server - but if you've got your own domain and email server It's no good.

Here's what I get now instead of the sensible create new account with the old version.

Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more [​IMG]

I need slightly different options -- is there any way to get the old screen back -- e.g a hidden advanced settings / more settings

The above settings or any of the dropdowns don't connect -- I just get ---OOPS something went wrong -- Retry ??

What a dogs dinner -- Outlook was working fine until they try and dumb down stuff then you are really hosed up.

The server works fine if I send an email from logging on to the domain so it's definitely OUTLOOK.

Added -- found the answer - but it's a REDICULOUS situation -- create the account even if it doesn't connect -- then go into CHANGE account and then you (still but for how long) get the settings back again which you can change

working now.

Not getting a good feeling about were Windows is going -- I really don't like all this 1-click install stuff -- fine if people want to use it but there should be an Advance option for people who need more than the basic settings.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 25, 2017
  2. Rotozaza Win User

How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

I disabled all Windows 10 notifications, and set check for new mails to manual.

See Mail account settings.

We use only Outlook 2016, but for support reasons, knowing how Mail works, we want to keep Mail accounts.

Our preferred approach would be to disable startup of Windows Mail at all.

Rotozaza, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Owlcroft Win User
    Outlook Setup - Can not sync accounts

I am at my wits end. I am trying to access my Comcast and a personal email I maintain on my Bluehost site using Outlook on my new 950 XL. I tried doing it by entering the ID and password and letting it configure itself and I tried entering the information
    manually using Advanced Settings. When I try to sync it syncs forever without completing the action. I have no problems setting up the accounts in Outlook 2016 on my PC using the same settings. The only setting I cannot verify is entered properly is port;
    not available in advanced settings. What is the problem; it should not be that hard.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne

Owlcroft, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

1. Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Cannot

2. Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error: I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour or something which needs fixing? [img] 160520
  3. Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365

Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365: I had to delete and start fresh with my Outlook profile due to Dragon Medical Practice Edition corrupting my Outlook file. Long story... I was able to add my Outlook.com and one of my Exchange email accounts. However, I cannot add my health system's Exchange account. It...
  4. Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus

Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus: Hi Ms Please can you restore the old Manual set up menus for email accounts - or at least make the functionality of the new one (where you can click set up manually but nothing happens unless you enter an email address and then it goes bonkers if it can't do it...
  5. Office 2016 Manual set up problems

Office 2016 Manual set up problems: Hi folks I've complained about this before but OUTLOOK 2016 still tries to auto create an account even when you select "manual". It still does this after latest update. Outlook 365 might be OK as presumably you go through some sort of "subscription set up" in the first...
  6. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989
  7. Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016: Hi I need some advise. I've been using Outlook 2013 in Win 8 on other partition. I wanted to backup my old Outlook 2013 account settings and restore them into Outlook2016 because I have 7-8 email accounts. I did the registry backup from outlook /15/profile/outlook ....
  8. Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes: Hello Everyone, I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync. [img] My questions are this. What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I...
  9. Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually: Hi folks I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow you to set up account manually - but there's no other option on the screen other than connect and then it fails even if you...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...