Windows 10: Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files

Discus and support Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; On 2 machines, In my primary email account, If I click on Sent, I see the sent messages. If I just do nothing, after about 5 seconds the file that has... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tkphelps, Aug 19, 2020.

1. tkphelps Win User

Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files

On 2 machines, In my primary email account, If I click on Sent, I see the sent messages. If I just do nothing, after about 5 seconds the file that has focus will disappear. If I don't go to another folder, the next message will disappear in about 2 seconds, and this continues for as long as I have cared to pay attention. The files do not go into Deleted or Trash or anything saved. They are just lost. This is set up as an imap account, and if I look at my Android phone after one of these events, the files are not in Sent or Trash on the phone although files that I intentionally deleted are shown in Trash.
    I discovered that if I copy a few of the sent files to the desktop that seems to stop the deletions. Also, it appears that it only happens if the focus is set on the top item in the list.
    The same thing happens on my laptop, so it would seem that the machine specs are nor relevant. I don't know how to find the Outlook version number, but automatic updates are on, so I expect both versions are current. The Windows 10 version is 1909 on both machines.
    Any ideas?

:)

tkphelps, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 19, 2020
  3. warek Win User
    Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

Hi there

Trying to setup up my new computer, Windows 10 home. I have outlook 2016 and I tried to start without adding a new account and then tried to import from outlook 2010 pst file. I still have the old computer with outlook 2010 , all my emails etc

This gave me some old emails but no current ones and no address book/contacts

I then added a new email account pop 3 manually and it works sends and receives
    I also saved and imported a csv file of contacts and that is all good.

However I notice that if I send some pics from another program, right click send to they are sent but they are not in the sent items under my email account, but they are in the sent items under the outlook data file. If I sent a reply to an email the sent box under my email account saves the reply.

I would like to have all of my sent items under the one sent folder, and preferably the sent folder under my email account not the sent item under the outlook data file

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Kevin

warek, Aug 19, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 deletes

2. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016: I just recently tried to create a new e-mail account. I was unable to do so since the usual screens to input the new e-mail address, incoming and and outgoing server information where not available. This all because of damage caused by the last Win. 10 update ver. 1809. I...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  7. Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook: Hi there Trying to setup up my new computer, Windows 10 home. I have outlook 2016 and I tried to start without adding a new account and then tried to import from outlook 2010 pst file. I still have the old computer with outlook 2010 , all my emails etc This gave me some...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  9. Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder: Any Microsoft Outlook 2016 experts out there??!! I recently set up Outlook 2016 to handle my Gmail account. This led to my having all sorts of folders to manage, amongst them 'Sent Items' and 'Sent'. Since I had virtually nothing in the 'Sent Items' folder, I deleted it...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...