Windows 10: Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account

Discus and support Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello- I'm running Office 2016 from MS Office Professional Plus along with Google Gmail on a Windows 10 PC. I have two Outlook Data Files; one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KGMM, Oct 29, 2018.

1. KGMM Win User

Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account

Hello-

I'm running Office 2016 from MS Office Professional Plus along with Google Gmail on a Windows 10 PC. I have two Outlook Data Files; one is Outlook and One is Gmail.

I want to retain most of my email data locally within the Outlook Data File. The only data I want retained on the Gmail application is data that is in my Inbox, Outbox, Sent Box and Trash and I want only these mailboxes synced to my Outlook application. I do not want all data in my Outlook application displayed and retained in my Gmail account. For instance, I created 20 email storage folders in the Outlook Data File where I retain old emails. I don't want Gmail to display these folders within my Gmail account but I still want to use Outlook account to read and send emails thru Gmail.

How do I disable Gmail from accessing particular folders in my Outlook application?

Thanks

:)

2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Outlook & Ports

Outlook is awesome. Especially useful if you have multiple accounts on different servers and you want under under the same roof. Also in corporate environments it's killer. Or for people like me, I have a Gmail account, and a student account at my uni. I can't set up the uni-account in outlook (they don't like that sort of thing I guess), but they use Gmail. So instead of switching accounts in gmail constantly I use Outlook for the private mail and web as the uni mail. Sweet as pie.

Frick, Oct 29, 2018
  4. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Disable

2. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  3. Outlook and gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  4. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016: I just downloaded Office 2016. I am trying to go to the Outlook Page so I can set up the email. Cannot get unto outlook at all. After hitting outlook page it shows it asks to input my email etc. I am at my witts end for the last two days trying to remedy this. Any help...
  6. configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10: I am struggling to configure outlook 2016 on windows 10 to be used with gmail. The error I am getting is following [ATTACH] I read following "since July 15, 2014, Google has strengthened the protection of accounts by blocking applications that use simple validation...
  7. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  8. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  9. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016: I just recently tried to create a new e-mail account. I was unable to do so since the usual screens to input the new e-mail address, incoming and and outgoing server information where not available. This all because of damage caused by the last Win. 10 update ver. 1809. I...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 disable import export