Windows 10: Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Discus and support Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Steve C, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It was possible to specify the folders to use for Sent and Deleted items in Outlook 2010 but I can't find how to do this in Outlook 2016.

If possible, how do I define the mail folders for deleted and sent items in Outlook 2016?

:)

Steve C, Jan 16, 2018

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

I have this issue as well. I am using Office 2010 Home and Business and Outlook 2010 is my mail client. This is a relatively new pc and has Office 365 (2016) installed as well. After a recent Windows Update, my default mail client changed to Outlook 2016
    -- one of my apps that sends mail stopped working, mail profile missing error). When I try to set my default mail client via the UI, only Outlook 2016 is showing; I can't select Outlook 2010.

I uninstalled Office 365 but Outlook 2010 still does not show up in the UI as a default program. Now I need to find out how to change this in the registry.

The OS is Windows 10 Home

ChuckBalogh, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 mail

Sounds like the default isn't specified as Outlook 2016. Here's how to change it:

• Search for "default" using the Cortana/Search box and choose Default App Settings
    • Click the Mail option, then choose Outlook 2016 in the popup choice list

Done!

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 16, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

1. Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders? - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Select

2. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  3. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  4. What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?

in Browsers and Email
    What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?: I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. *Mad I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with Outlook. Earlier today, a MS tech remotely set up my 3 Outlook accounts. Then she tried to import merge data from my .pst...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  6. Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder: Any Microsoft Outlook 2016 experts out there??!! I recently set up Outlook 2016 to handle my Gmail account. This led to my having all sorts of folders to manage, amongst them 'Sent Items' and 'Sent'. Since I had virtually nothing in the 'Sent Items' folder, I deleted it...
  7. Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013: Hi, I have Office 2016 but have to use Outlook 2013 due to Exchange limitations for my corporate email account All works well except when choosing default applications the list only has Outlook 2016 This is a problem as I want to configure the MAILTO (URL:MailTo) protocol...
  8. Tip - How to Set Outlook 2016 Message Default Zoom Level

Tip - How to Set Outlook 2016 Message Default Zoom Level: I installed Outlook 2016 a while ago and have been dissatisfied with the message font size set to 100% whereas I need 150-200% to read messages comfortably when double clicking on them. There is no obvious way to change this in the Outlook settings. I discovered you can...
  9. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...