Windows 10: Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

Discus and support Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Steve C, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour or something which needs fixing?

Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Finn A Win User

Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 New mail notification sound

The link points to an article that proposes the same steps that the previous response also suggests. As I already responded, I already did all this. It has no effect.

However, meanwhile I have found the cause of the problem Windows 10 has a setting to control if it should "get notifications from these senders". This setting was set to on for "Outlook 2016". As long as this setting is on, Windows 10 seems to override
    whatever settings Outlook has (including the "new mail notification" sound), "eat" the notification and always play its own Windows notification sound.

Turn off the "Outlook 2016" in the Windows notifications from these senders settings, and the "New mail notification" sound will be played as expected.

Finn A, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Mail

2. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  5. Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues: I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts: L: myname@outlook.com - Microsoft account using Exchange Server plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account. All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise: How do you configure Outlook...
  6. Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  7. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  9. New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016: I am running Outlook 2016 under Win 10. Under all previous versions of Outlook I have be enable to increase the time a new email alert stays on the screen by editing the registry like this. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\DesktopAlerts DWORD:...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...