Windows 10: Outlook 2016 not closing properly

Discus and support Outlook 2016 not closing properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I shut down my PC I often get a message that Outlook 2016 is still open even though I have closed it using File/Exit. I am then invited to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric Cockerill, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Outlook 2016 not closing properly

When I shut down my PC I often get a message that Outlook 2016 is still open even though I have closed it using File/Exit. I am then invited to stop shutdown or shutdown anyway in which case Outlook reopens on start up the next day and it then sometimes will not synchronise with my BT Internet account. Can anything be done to make Outlook close properly?

:)

Eric Cockerill, Apr 1, 2020

2. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Melvis Win User

Outlook 2016 not closing properly

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

Hi guys,

I have a client with a problem in outlook 2016 with her not been able to do a group email. She said she could just click on the group button on version 2007 outlook and then (I guess) select the group of people you wish to send a email to. But in this new version she cant as the group button or selection is greyed out. I honestly have no clue as I don't use the program but was wondering if anyone on here has any idea?

I have uploaded a pic of a screen shot of her outlook 2016 with the greyed out group option.

If anyone has any clue or suggestions to give me to give to her that would be great *Smile Outlook 2016 not closing properly :)

Thanks!

Melvis, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Outlook 2016 not closing properly

1. Outlook 2016 not closing properly - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 closing

2. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016: I just downloaded Office 2016. I am trying to go to the Outlook Page so I can set up the email. Cannot get unto outlook at all. After hitting outlook page it shows it asks to input my email etc. I am at my witts end for the last two days trying to remedy this. Any help...
  3. Outlook won't close properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook won't close properly: When I close Outlook by clicking on the X in the upper right, Outlook won't close. The suggested repairs failed. To open Outlook again, I had to first close it in Task Manager. I closed Outlook by going to FILE, then EXIT. Now Outlook closes properly, and I can reopen it...
  4. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  6. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  7. Outlook 2016 Doesn't Work Properly in RTM Windows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Doesn't Work Properly in RTM Windows: Dual Boot system with Windows 10 1809 RTM (sort of) and Windows 10 Insider Build 18305 Microsoft Office 365 2016 installed on both. On the Insider partition, Outlook works just fine; however, on the 1809 RTM partition, it doesn't: Symptom #1: When opening Outlook, I'm...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016: I just recently tried to create a new e-mail account. I was unable to do so since the usual screens to input the new e-mail address, incoming and and outgoing server information where not available. This all because of damage caused by the last Win. 10 update ver. 1809. I...
  9. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 not closing properly windows 10