Windows 10: Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus

Discus and support Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi Ms Please can you restore the old Manual set up menus for email accounts - or at least make the functionality of the new one (where you can click... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Sep 11, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus

Hi Ms

Please can you restore the old Manual set up menus for email accounts - or at least make the functionality of the new one (where you can click set up manually but nothing happens unless you enter an email address and then it goes bonkers if it can't do it automatically).

I know you can do it via control panel applet (then you get old menus again) but for some computers in a work space the control panel functions are disabled for non admin rights accounts and in any case isn't Ms going to phase out control panel anyway.

The only way I could get one account to work was to copy it from Ms Outlook 2010 as Outlook 2016 also had a problem with non ANSI characters from Isl keyboard and character set.

cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 11, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Hi there
    @DavidY

Thanks

Rep given

What a dogs dinner of a mess but the "Old fashioned" control panel had Outlook 2016 settings as per your post and I was able to set it up without any problems doing it "properly".

Restored my "fresh" W10 installation (without outlook 2010) and did it your way after installing Office 2016 plus updates. Everything is fine --not sure though how long Control Panel is for "This World" though.

Outlook 2016  Please restore old Manual account set up menus [​IMG]

Thanks again
    and a Happy easter holiday period to you -- we are free from this evening (Wed) until Tuesday !!

Marked post as solved --thanks again.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 11, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Office 2016 Manual set up problems

Hi there.

@UserQwert

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it's valid in this case.

this was complete Windows new install on totally new machine with brand spanking new HDD's so there was nothing to get hosed up from previous installs.

Whenever I installed Outlook 2007/2010/2016 before I could always use the "Manual" (old way) method so that "auto config" screen must be something fairly new. I've never had to set "Profiles" on Outlook for a single user machine - the default outlook profile always worked in the past.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 11, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

Hi there

This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole thing has been "Dummified" to use dropdowns,

This might be OK for people who fit standard basic needs such as just using an email with gmail or from an ISP server - but if you've got your own domain and email server It's no good.

Here's what I get now instead of the sensible create new account with the old version.

I need slightly different options -- is there any way to get the old screen back -- e.g a hidden advanced settings / more settings

The above settings or any of the dropdowns don't connect -- I just get ---OOPS something went wrong -- Retry ??

What a dogs dinner -- Outlook was working fine until they try and dumb down stuff then you are really hosed up.

The server works fine if I send an email from logging on to the domain so it's definitely OUTLOOK.

Added -- found the answer - but it's a REDICULOUS situation -- create the account even if it doesn't connect -- then go into CHANGE account and then you (still but for how long) get the settings back again which you can change

working now.

Not getting a good feeling about were Windows is going -- I really don't like all this 1-click install stuff -- fine if people want to use it but there should be an Advance option for people who need more than the basic settings.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Please

2. Old Outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Outlook account: Trying to recover an outlook account that is assigned to PC that came with windows 8,but has since been upgraded to windows 10. The account was created when I logged into computer the first time in 2014 . now when i try to install something from the app store it ask for...
  3. Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again: Hi folks For those having difficulty with Manual set up of email accounts on latest updates of Office 2016/2019/365 where those rediculous automated setup things don't work unless you have very basic type email addresses like gmail etc then just as a reminder -- 2 ways to...
  4. Office 2016 Manual set up problems

Office 2016 Manual set up problems: Hi folks I've complained about this before but OUTLOOK 2016 still tries to auto create an account even when you select "manual". It still does this after latest update. Outlook 365 might be OK as presumably you go through some sort of "subscription set up" in the first...
  5. Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016: Hi I need some advise. I've been using Outlook 2013 in Win 8 on other partition. I wanted to backup my old Outlook 2013 account settings and restore them into Outlook2016 because I have 7-8 email accounts. I did the registry backup from outlook /15/profile/outlook ....
  6. Backing up Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Backing up Outlook 2016: I need to do an uninstall of Office 365 (and then reinstall), due to some problems with Office caused by the Win 10 Creators Upgrade. However, I don't want to lose my contacts or e-mail folders. I know with old Outlook's (e.g. 2003) there was a pst file that had everything in...
  7. Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more: Hi there This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole thing has been "Dummified" to use dropdowns, This might be OK for people who fit standard basic needs such as just using...
  8. Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes: Hello Everyone, I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync. [img] My questions are this. What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I...
  9. Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually: Hi folks I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow you to set up account manually - but there's no other option on the screen other than connect and then it fails even if you...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...