Windows 10: Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

Discus and support Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Sauldam, Unfortunately, it still happens. Hi JJG10. I had similar issues with my Cox email accounts. Changing the timeouts to a longer setting... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Jul 7, 2017.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

Hi JJG10. I had similar issues with my Cox email accounts. Changing the timeouts to a longer setting greatly reduced the problem but I still happened on rare ocassions. It's definitely a Cox issue and I suspect it has more to do with server load. The best thing you can do is to begin using gmail. You can gradually let all of your contacts and on line accounts know of your gmail account(s). I did that over several months time. The added benefit is that it you ever leave Cox, as I recently did, then your gmail will still be available. FYI, Outlook does gmail (IMAP) and you can read it on multiple devices easily.

SoFine409, Jul 9, 2017
  2. JJG10 Win User

Thanks again, Sauldam. I looked at that link and found many others with the same sort of problem. The common 'solution' seems to be a complaint to the FCC. That is too bad.

JJG10, Jul 9, 2017
  3. When it happens to me, Outlook being minimized or maximized has no bearing on it. I either get the message or I don't. When it its happening it happens every time Outlook tried to connect and look for new e-mail. Every 3 minutes for me as that is what I have set as the interval to download my inbox.

alphanumeric, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

It occasionally happens on my BT / yahoo service too. What usually fixes it for me is login to my email account via a browser and then log out. For some reason it has an effect on the outlook process and sorts it out. Not saying that'll work in your case but it's worth a try

Scottyboy99, Jul 9, 2017
  5. arupmitra Win User
    Login to your cox mail account through any updated browser. Enable/ turn on/ allow the permission for the option " Allow less secure apps". Save the settings if asking for (Cause in gmail it saves automatically). Then try with the email client (outlook 2016).
    This should work.

arupmitra, Jul 9, 2017
  6. JJG10 Win User
    I can't find such an entry in Cox Webmail.

JJG10, Jul 10, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Interesting! Will give that a try tomorrow (Tuesday).

JJG10, Jul 10, 2017
  8. JJG10 Win User

Finally, things are working harmoniously. It took a brute force reinstall of Office to do it. Fortunately I a copy of my Personal.XLB file handy and I just copied it to the appropriate place, Now that I type this I realized I probably could hat done a single file restore from a Macrium image, Or at least I thing I could.

Thanks to all who help me during this episode.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 repeatedly

2. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...: Automatic Shutdown is implemented in PC's. After powering ON PC's each and every time its asks for user name and password in outlook. Before implementing this TASK SCHEDULAR every this was working fine....
  3. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...: Automatic Shutdown is implemented in PC's. After powering ON PC's each and every time its asks for user name and password in outlook. Before implementing this TASK SCHEDULAR every this was working fine....
  4. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password: Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an unexpected popup. From further deduction, when I check this box: [ATTACH] I am then prompted with this message when trying to...
  6. Repeatedly asked for microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeatedly asked for microsoft password: Hi, Every few minutes a toast notification pops up declaring that i need to fix my microsoft account. Sometimes this on the OS level but also when i use Office products. Despite entering my password and it being fixed, it wilol not be long before breaking again....
  7. the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password: the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/the-server-diseasonsxyz-is-asking-for-your-user/d59d204c-19b0-496e-844e-c58c29df618f
  8. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  9. outlook 2016 password

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2016 password: Hi, I forgot my old outlook 2016 password and would like to have access to my emails. How can I change the PW to accomplish this. I want to try this with someone who has done this successfully in the past. thx 78106
  10. Macrium Ask for User Name and Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Ask for User Name and Password: For whatever reason, Macrium free was corrupted and I had to totally uninstall and reinstall. I did a new backup and did a scheduled future backups. However it won't allow scheduled task unless I put in a user name and password. Never had this request before. Not sure what...