Windows 10: Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

Discus and support Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by dlambert93, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in Send-to mail recipient feature doing nothing when used. He also has trouble opening .msg files. I have tried everything under the sun to fix this with the exception of just wiping the computer and starting from scratch. Everything I have tried is below. Does anyone have any other potential solutions or has anyone encountered this issue before?

I have tried:
    System restore
    Registry edits
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling Office
    Installing a different version of Outlook (2013)
    Repairing Office (Quick and Online)
    This PC is on a domain so I created a whole new user (copied from his current one) and added it to the computer. At first it was fine but eventually the same exact thing happened
    Ran sfc scan...found no errors

:)

dlambert93, Mar 21, 2018

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

I have this issue as well. I am using Office 2010 Home and Business and Outlook 2010 is my mail client. This is a relatively new pc and has Office 365 (2016) installed as well. After a recent Windows Update, my default mail client changed to Outlook 2016
    -- one of my apps that sends mail stopped working, mail profile missing error). When I try to set my default mail client via the UI, only Outlook 2016 is showing; I can't select Outlook 2010.

I uninstalled Office 365 but Outlook 2010 still does not show up in the UI as a default program. Now I need to find out how to change this in the registry.

The OS is Windows 10 Home

ChuckBalogh, Mar 21, 2018
  3. Stu_10 Win User
    How to set Outlook 2016 as default email program

How to set Outlook 2016 as default email program ....Microsoft edge always takes over even though I have set OUTLOOK 2016 as default

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Stu_10, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

Hi dlambert93. Welcome to the TenForums @dlambert93

I see you "copied from his current one" when you made new user.

Not sure how fast this issue occurs but have you tried just making a new user and seeing if the issue occurs?

If it does occur then I would be inclined to blow away install. If it doesn't occur then I would suggest the issue is within their profile.

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

1. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs. - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 showing

2. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  3. Outlook showing up twice in default mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook showing up twice in default mail app: Hello, I have read many similar responses to this question but none have been the fix for me. I configured a new computer for a user and installed both the latest version of O365 and Adobe Reader on the machine. We ran into a problem where pdf to mail feature in Reader...
  4. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  5. What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?

in Browsers and Email
    What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?: I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. *Mad I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with Outlook. Earlier today, a MS tech remotely set up my 3 Outlook accounts. Then she tried to import merge data from my .pst...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  7. Outlook 2016 not showing up as a default program option

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not showing up as a default program option: Outlook 2016 did not come packaged with my office. I am using a version that I installed separately and it can not be reinstalled as the key code only works once. I didn't realize that when I first bought it but I am stuck with the situation now. Fairly often when I click...
  8. Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Showing On Desktop, But Shows on Icon...Twice Now!: I had an issue with Firefox where if I clicked the Taskbar icon, the program would not show on the desktop. HOWEVER, if you hover over the icon, it showed what it would look like if it were expanded. I restarted it in safe mode and got it to work again. Just now WORD is...
  9. Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?: Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It was possible to specify the folders to use for Sent and Deleted items in Outlook 2010 but I can't find how to do this in...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook shows up twice default programs