Windows 10: Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

Discus and support Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I click on a meeting invite in Outlook 2016, it stops responding. I am not experiencing this issue in Office 365. What I've done so far: 1.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by thuynh, Nov 16, 2017.

1. thuynh Win User

Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

When I click on a meeting invite in Outlook 2016, it stops responding. I am not experiencing this issue in Office 365.
    What I've done so far:

1. Deleted user's OST.
    2. Deleted users mail profile.
    3. Repaired Microsoft Office.
    4. Disabled cache mode.
    5. Started outlook and safe mode.
    6. Removed Add-ins.
    7. Confirmed Windows up to date.

None of these fixed the issue.

Any further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

:)

thuynh, Nov 16, 2017

2. Meeting invite from iPhone. Ics file is not associated to any application

When I get meeting invites from iPhones I get the text ofthe meeting sand a meeting.ics file. Clicking the file tells me there is no application associated that file type.

Meeting invites from outlook/exchange work fine though.

Scott_Williams, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Attendee's new time proposed

An attendee has responded to my meeting request with a proposed new time. When I read the response / proposal in Outlook 2010, I can see the current proposed and proposed time.

But when I read the same message on my Windows Phone (OS Version 7.10.8107.79), the current and proposed new time are not displayed.

The attendee has accepted the invite as tentative.

I would expect the meeting response with the proposed new time to be displayed.

Has anyone come across this problem yet?

Darrell Webster, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

Is the connected account to Outlook running through a O365 profile?

Does the user experience the same issue on another PC?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 16, 2017
  5. thuynh Win User
    Hello Master Chief,

Thank you for your response.

The users account was created on our on premises Active Directory and synced to Office 365. This issue also occurs on other devices.

thuynh, Nov 16, 2017
  6. Sounds like something went through with the sync to the cloud. If you take ownership of the mailbox, can you remove the account from O365 and restart the sync process?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
  7. Patrick Member
    Patrick, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

1. Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 stops

2. MS Outlook Recurring Meeting Invite with Variable Subject

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Outlook Recurring Meeting Invite with Variable Subject: Is there a way I can create a recurring meeting invite with Subject having a variable? Ex. 1st occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 1.0' 2nd occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 2.0' 3rd occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 3.0' and so...
  3. MS Outlook Recurring Meeting Invite with Variable Subject

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Outlook Recurring Meeting Invite with Variable Subject: Is there a way I can create a recurring meeting invite with Subject having a variable? Ex. 1st occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 1.0' 2nd occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 2.0' 3rd occurrence should say 'Meeting Invite for Version 3.0' and so...
  4. Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed: I have been seeing this message innumerable times, for more than a year. I'd like to know why and how to stop it. It is surely relevant that I cannot find Microsoft Outlook on my computer, and that I have never installed Microsoft Office or any of its components. My word...
  5. dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet: On my new install of Windows 10, when I presented a Onenote window using Google Meet and wrote something using the pen, my screen and my cursor started to freeze, rendering Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Ctrl+Alt+Del unavailable. So far, this has happened 5 times. After forcing the...
  6. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  7. MS Outlook 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Outlook 2016 stopped working: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair Outlook? It was working fine yesterday, but after I turned my laptop on this morning, Outlook is no longer working. When I click on it, (the 'activity circle' just disappears - and does nothing. Any suggestions are...
  8. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message: Hello, I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much. I downloaded a firmware update for my Brother printer today and an Abode reader update. After restarting, when I click on a...
  9. Why does Windows 10 Outlook continue to delete meeting invites after I respond, even when I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows 10 Outlook continue to delete meeting invites after I respond, even when I...: I have the setting set to NOT delete requests and notifications from inbox after responding, but still my invites are always moved to the Deleted Items folder after I accept or decline....
  10. Outlook 2016 stops responding when adding additional mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 stops responding when adding additional mailbox: Hello everyone, Currently experiencing the Not Responding issue with Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. Troubleshooting: - Reinstall Office and confirmed activation. - Repaired office. - Opened in Safemode and removed Com Add-Ins. - Deleted OST files. - Opened in Safemode...