Windows 10: Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one

Discus and support Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Community members have offered many solutions to the problem of the Outlook 2016 window not opening to a chosen size (ignoring for this post's purposes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TF_950, Jun 9, 2019.

1. TF_950 Win User

Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one

Community members have offered many solutions to the problem of the Outlook 2016 window not opening to a chosen size (ignoring for this post's purposes the option of always going to full size). One re-occurring problem for me is the Outlook window getting smaller and smaller each time it is opened (but "cascade windows" is off). All the provided solutions I have seen work for only a short time, although it is not clear to me what type of context causes them to stop working. Perhaps the most durable solution I have seen is: Right click at the top, select Size, put the 'location move' symbol near an edge, and use the arrow keys to enlarge the window, doing each dimension separately. This works for a while, but it soon fails, perhaps having to do with opening other windows first in the computer session--I'm not sure. Can someone from Microsoft, or a highly knowledgeable person, really explain all this, and what is possible, what is not possible, and offer in lay terms an explanation? Again--Requesting not tips that work immediately but rather a durable solution that will typically work for weeks or months. If for 100% sure there cannot be a solution to this problem, I hope someone making that claim will please knowledgeably address why not.

:)

TF_950, Jun 9, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 9, 2019
  3. DOM
    Dom Win User
    Outlook 2016 Email not Indexing (The protocol handler Mapi16 cannot be loaded)

There are epic threads on the internet of users upgrading to Office 2016 and finding that Outlook 2016 email is no longer indexing. Windows Search logs the following error in Event Viewer:

I've tried ALL the common suspects:

• Rebuild Index
    • Reinstall Office
    • Remove and Re-add Outlook from Index Sources
    • Remove and Re-add Outlook Profile
    • We're already running Office 2016 x32

Removing Outlook from the index and using Unindexed search is acceptable as a very short term fix, but I need the "The protocol handler Mapi16 cannot be loaded." error fixed permanently.

At present this is happening on approx 50% of the workstations we upgrade to Office 2016 (Click-to-Run) and they're all running Win10 with all patches.

4. Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one

1. Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Window

2. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  3. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a permanent solution to this?: I bought a new computer a few days ago. It was working fine until i played a game. The game ran horribly. This is despite the fact that I have a 240w power supply and a Ryzen 5 Pro 1600 6-Core Processor paired with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with 4GB of Video RAM. I also have 16GB...
  4. Is there a permanent solution to this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?: I know there are solutions for files saved in onedrive and sharepoint, but what about locally saved files? Is there a solution for this as well?...
  6. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?: I know there are solutions for files saved in onedrive and sharepoint, but what about locally saved files? Is there a solution for this as well?...
  7. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

8. Windows Virtual Desktop - Short-term individual rental

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Virtual Desktop - Short-term individual rental: Can someone point me to a resource where I can rent a short-term Windows Desktop environment? I am on a mac and need to download/run software only ported to Windows. This will be needed likely for only a week or two. Thanks for any support....
  9. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...
  10. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...