Windows 10: Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

Discus and support Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not... Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ericnixmd, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not...

Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my password for an email where I'm an independent contractor.

If I set the account up as new, it goes through fine. Periodically while the laptop (Windows 10) and Outlook are on, all of my devices will start requesting me to enter a password and they go offline. The Exchange server, which uses a domain ("ps") will lock me out for a few hours.

If my laptop is shut down or Outlook is not running, this does not occur. Another Exchange account does not have the same problem.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Is there a special setting I need to enable two Exchange accounts?

:)

ericnixmd, Jan 26, 2018

2. Outlook 2016, the Mail App, and Windows Server 2003

Outlook 2016 is not compatible with Exchange Server 2003 if thats what you are using. But you should still be able to join a Windows Server 2003 Domain.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Dave#1031 Win User
    Microsoft Exchange Shared Calender no showing up.

I have a Microsoft Lumia 950XL and I am attempting to view a Microsoft Exchange calendar that has been shared with me from a Rackspace Hosted Microsoft Exchange server. My email account is also an exchange email account on the same domain. The shared calendar
    shows up no problem on the desktop versions of outlook 2013 and 2016 and also in Outlook web access. I can't see an option on my mobile to view the shared calendar. Please could someone point me in the right direction or is it not possible to view a shared
    calendar without entering the owners credentials and setting up the owners account on the phone?

Dave#1031, Jan 26, 2018
  4. ericnixmd Win User

I think I may have figured it out. The Windows Mail client was configured for the Exchange account and likely had an outdated password. I deleted the account from Mail and hope this will resolve the issue.

ericnixmd, Jan 26, 2018
  5. I experienced a similar issue with Office/Outlook 2016,
    Now I use T-Bird, does the job, however I still prefer Outlook, especially in a work/production environment.
    So problem resolved?
    I'm getting that I want office back feeling, .......

python134r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Exchange

2. Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid: Hi,My client has a fully working W2012/Exchange 2010 hybrid environment with the latest CU applied and all mailboxes already on the cloud. Long short story, I am getting this error when running PrepareAD with TenantOrganizationConfig switch as part to Hybrid upgrade to...
  3. Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid: Hi,My client has a fully working W2012/Exchange 2010 hybrid environment with the latest CU applied and all mailboxes already on the cloud. Long short story, I am getting this error when running PrepareAD with TenantOrganizationConfig switch as part to Hybrid upgrade to...
  4. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  5. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  6. Outlook 2016 disconnects from Exchange server due to inactivity.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Outlook 2016 disconnects from Exchange server due to inactivity.: Outlook 2016 seems to disconnect from Exchange server due to inactivity. How can I extend or fix? Currently I am forced to reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016-disconnects-from-exchange-server-due/3dd5bc96-f90f-4950-9281-621177ad9b7e
  7. Outlook not finding Exchange???

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook not finding Exchange???: I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010. When I went to setup my regular Microsoft Exchange cloud hosted account in Outlook it could not find the server. It would not find it with SSL or without. I tried a...
  8. Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox: I thought I would just share some knowledge after 2 days of mucking around trying to get my email working again. I run my own Exchange 2016 server and use Outlook to connect to it and read my emails. Yesterday all of a sudden it started throwing up a message stating that...
  9. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  10. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...