Windows 10: Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

Discus and support Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC connecting to Exchange Server on Rackspace. I changed my password and now I cannot access my email. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bmc123456, Oct 19, 2018.

1. bmc123456 Win User

Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

I am using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC connecting to Exchange Server on Rackspace.

I changed my password and now I cannot access my email.

I am able to access with mobile devices, though.

The option to REPAIR my email account is greyed out, and CHANGE will not allow me to access password field either.

I have tried changing in Control Panel, but same issues.

anyone got any ideas?

:)

bmc123456, Oct 19, 2018
  2. AjayK47 Win User

Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements.

One BTinternet.com email address
    One Outlook.com email address

Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3.

Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook.com.

Deleted the old POP3 account settings for the Outlook.com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the "manually configure" thinking this would automatically use IMAP. (Left settings unchanged for the POP3 BTinternet.com email address).

To my surprise the Outlook.com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server.

Initially thought this would be ok as this would also sync both ways with web-mail. Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP3 email address was also arriving into the Outlook.com Inbox.

Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP3 email separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox? (Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel of Outlook 2016).

Any help much appreciated.

AjayK47, Oct 19, 2018
  3. jsbc1 Win User
    Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

Thanks for that guys,

How do you set it up on the Exchange side? I have access to the Exchange server but not sure how to configure it to connect in this way. I'm currently connected on another machine (win 7) running Outlook 2010 and picking up emails just fine. Is there something that needs to changed in Exchange specifically for Outlook 2016?

jsbc1, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

Backup Emails from an exchange server

it's been a while since I dealt with that, I mind you Exchange Serve might have changed since the 2003 version, but see if you can make a .pst file for Outlook access off-site. A .pst is the file created when you use Outlook as a stand-alone product. You would do this from Outlook.

As I remember, you might not be able to get all of the info, (appointments, notes, etc), you had on the Exchange Server, but you can get your emails and, I believe, your contacts, as well.

GeoNOregon, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

1. Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Exchange

2. Issue with Exchange Server 2016 after Win32/IISExchgSpawnCMD.A

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with Exchange Server 2016 after Win32/IISExchgSpawnCMD.A: Hello all, First, thanks in advance for reading my post, and I welcome any and all responses. Tolerance would be appreciated as this is very new to me but I am the only one available to try to get this problem corrected. On to the issue; our on-premises Exchange 2016...
  3. Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem: My aunt is 82 years old and moved to an assisted living facility several months ago, and she took her Windows 10 computer with her. She also got rid of her phone landline, deciding to just use her cell. When we turn on her computer at her new home, we get the sign-in screen,...
  4. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  5. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator...
  6. Outlook 2016 disconnects from Exchange server due to inactivity.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Outlook 2016 disconnects from Exchange server due to inactivity.: Outlook 2016 seems to disconnect from Exchange server due to inactivity. How can I extend or fix? Currently I am forced to reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016-disconnects-from-exchange-server-due/3dd5bc96-f90f-4950-9281-621177ad9b7e
  7. Outlook - Office Professional 2016 - Change Email Password Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook - Office Professional 2016 - Change Email Password Not Working: We have recently had to change email passwords with our Yahoo email provider. We know we have the correct new passwords as we can use the web-based mail logins. But we cannot update Outlook to use the new passwords. From the File tab, we select the Account Settings and...
  8. Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains: I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not... Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my password for an email where I'm an independent contractor. If I set the account up as new, it goes through fine. Periodically...
  9. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  10. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rackspace exchange server settings for outlook 2016

2. rackspace exchange server settings outlook 2016

3. Outlook 2016 and Rackspace hosted Exchange