Windows 10: Outlook 2016

Discus and support Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; mail is stuck in my outbox tried deleting my OST file and it works for one send tried sfc/scannow - did'nt come up with any faults completely... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stormforce, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Outlook 2016

mail is stuck in my outbox
    tried deleting my OST file and it works for one send
    tried sfc/scannow - did'nt come up with any faults
    completely reloaded Office - no difference
    receive messages is ok
    anyone got an idea

john

:)

stormforce, Feb 24, 2017
  2. KK_SH Win User

Default Outlook 2016.

Akheel thanks.

but did not help. when I tried these steps there were 2 outlooks programs eg: outlook( desktop) and outlook 2016. and I cant uninstall any outlook.

thanks

KK_SH, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Set Up Outlook 2016 as my default mail

I have Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. I tried to set Outlook 2016 as my default mail and I could not. The app Outlook 2016 was not one of the options available to me. What can I do. Thanks.

CarolGonzalez1, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Outlook 2016

Hi StromForce

When you re-installed did you create new Outlook profile? (before doing so ensure you know where all your data (contacts, calendars) are coming from.

Please also contact your supplier, or reference the web, and see what settings you should be using in Outlook setup. While not normal, they have changed them on me so once burnt.

Can you share what email service you are using. Not sure if significant but can help.

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2017
  5. when i did the reinstall i let Outlook create a new profile to see if had been corouption within the old one
    the new one did not contail anything of me old calendar or contacts
    My supplier is UK2 and the send receive did work 3 months ago

stormforce, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Okay but I would suggest you reference their site for exact settings. Something changed for it to stop working for you.

You don't have an old Outlook still installed do you, like 2010 or 2013?

After you send the first one successfully can you send another an immediately switch to the send receive window to see progress and see error (I hope error message)

This site is excellent for outlook. Okay one man's opinion. This is there trouble shooting page.

Messages are stuck in the Outbox

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  7. checked the site and yes it is good but nothing i have already tried

Ken
    i have now spent many hours on the internet researching this problem and i am giving up and going to THUNDERBIRD thanks for all your help
    regards John

after the first successful one the second does not send

stormforce, Feb 25, 2017
  8. Outlook 2016

Yes when Outlook gets cranky it takes a huge effort to correct. Amazing that the recovery processes and diagnostics aren't better developed for what is billed as the premier MS mail product. Rebuilding profiles is not a fix, it is starting over.

I just had an issue, and try as I could, I could not get it to stop syncronizing my trash. Turn out it wasn't Outlook or my provider. Somehow my phone was out of step and I only discovered this as a last resort. I was going to delete everything that synced to my mail. Couldn't remove the account from my phone. Once done everything returned to normal.

Thunderbird is a strong product. Once you have it all set up determine where your profile directory is located. You will want to add it to your backups. That way if you ever have to re-install you can start with this profile and all your settings will be restored, including mail rules. Very slick.

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  9. you'r comments are completely correct
    i may try Outlook sometime in the future
    thanks again

stormforce, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016

1. Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016

2. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  3. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  4. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.: Logged me out of Outlook 2016 after an update. I purchased Office 2016. Not the **** ****Office 365. Now it is demanding an outlook.com login, which I never used. I used my gmail account to login. I am so disgusted how I defended Microsoft. Now their plan is to provide me...
  6. Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.

Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.: Logged me out of Outlook 2016 after an update. I purchased Office 2016. Not the **** ****Office 365. Now it is demanding an outlook.com login, which I never used. I used my gmail account to login. I am so disgusted how I defended Microsoft. Now their plan is to provide me...
  7. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  8. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  9. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...
  10. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...