Windows 10: Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

Discus and support Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks those of you with NEW installs of Outlook 2019 and using IMAP --i.e no upgrade from previous versions or using a brand new Windows install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

Hi folks

those of you with NEW installs of Outlook 2019 and using IMAP --i.e no upgrade from previous versions or using a brand new Windows install will probably find Archive or export to file doesn't function as a .pst file doesn't exist.

The best thing to do is to create one and then you can copy email to off line. or local folder(s) simply open the .pst file in outlook and copy / move email / folders at will. You can then close it so it won't normally appear in the list. Just open the .pst file from within outlook and do your copy / move etc. Note Outlook uses these days an .ost file - no .pst files by default -- however if you did an UPGRADE from an earlier version of office you'll probably have a .pst file which you can open and use.

To backup accounts (the settings etc) etc --simply use the registry export mechanism : (This also works for 2019). You need to remember passwords though.

Export Outlook account settings to another computer - TC-IT Services

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Jizzler Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder [​IMG]

Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder [​IMG]

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

I had lots of problems setting up GMAIL IMAP on OUTLOOK 2019. The one thing that solved it for me was setting up via the Control Panel applet (this is mentioned here in one of the earlier posts, apparently there is a long term bug in OUTLOOK) rather than from within OUTLOOK itself...
    Close OUTLOOK. Control Panel/Mail/Email Accounts/New. I remember I also had to define in both GMAIL and OUTLOOK what folders I wanted to Sync. I use both OUTLOOK and MAILWASHER to download mail and I've had no problems in 5 months.

Pollensa1946, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

1. Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 copy

2. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  3. How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?: [ATTACH] Hi there, I've used Windows Mail a long time now, and I love it. It's simple, useful and the UI is ultra clean. For the issue I'll describe, I use IMAP email with my gandi account. Recently while using my inboxes on another device, I noticed a weird behavior: I...
  4. Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device: Hello, Im trying to copy outlook .ost file to an offline device. Any ideas on how I can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-outlook-ost-file-to-an-offline-device/9ffe4df9-efb0-4b1e-94d3-2e90c6aaa712
  5. copy outlook account info and folders to new machine (office 2019)

copy outlook account info and folders to new machine (office 2019): Hi folks in the latest version of Windows simply export this .reg file and re-import to new computer / old one after a restore. I'm also using latest version of OUTLOOK 2019. Use this if you aren't migrating from .pst files as 2016 and 2019 use .ost stuff which is different...
  6. Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap: Hi there seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019 On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero emails in the spam folder . That's fine and should normally be fine. Now if I logoff and re-boot into Windows as the HOST...
  7. Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders: Hello, I have a new Windows 10 installation with a new installation of Office 2019. I have 3 email accounts which2 of them seem to work fine and import all old messages. The Gmail account does not download all the old messages. It goes through the process of syncing and all...
  8. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  9. Folder Size Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Size Outlook 2019: Can anyone please advise how I can increase the font size of folders in the navigation pane in Outlook 2019. I know how to change the messages font sizes but can't find anything about increasing the size in the navigation pane...
  10. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get offline copy of imap inbox

2. outlook 2019 imap synchronising is removing local emails