Windows 10: Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account

Discus and support Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Most my users are using Thunderbird, but sometimes someone wants Outlook too. For my users, i am creating emails similar to this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by swec, Jan 21, 2019.

1. swec Win User

Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account

Most my users are using Thunderbird, but sometimes someone wants Outlook too.

For my users, i am creating emails similar to this "john.smith@company.com" and all have usernames like "johnsmith". It is pretty practical, username can be same to more services, only password is different if needed. Why not?

I am using LInux servers which provides IMAP and SMTP services, nothing unusual.

In last Outlook 2019 i was very surprised it doesn't allow set custom username different from email address. I can choose advance settings, set email, password and both server names, TCP ports, SSL etc. That's all fine. But without possibility correct username every atempt of login fails.

WHY? WHY Microsoft does not allow different username from email address?

How i can do some workaround?

Is there some good reason which i cannot see?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jan 21, 2019
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

hey guys, he will be using gmail as email provider! *Smile Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account :) what you think ?

alvez, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 doesn't

2. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  3. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  4. Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem after switching outlook account from POP to IMAP: I switched my email application from POP to IMAP. I now have a new account showing in the connections display. All emails now go to the new account. However, my calendar, contacts and save messages are going to the old account. How do I fix this so all of the previous...
  5. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  6. Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail: I have a Gmail account. I keep failing for a month now (except for a fleeting few days) to connect Outlook 2016 via IMAP to Gmail. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 2 two months ago. I had Office 2007. POP email kept working fine. However, a month ago, the perplexing...
  7. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.: Hi Folks, I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account. Using: Name, User name, and correct security for SSL and TLS, I keep getting the error message advising me that my Login details have been rejected by the server....
  8. change admin username account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change admin username account: hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in user folder in admin folder account the user name ''nikol''.yesterday i reinstall win 10 using media creation.i choose during installion a different...
  9. Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings: Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 as my mail client with IMAP. My setup is working correctly but I have a question regarding the display of the IMAP folder hierarchy in the left hand column under All Mail Items. Somehow, possibly due to a previous error in deleting a...
  10. OUTLOOK 2013 with IMAP - what a POS - Back to 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OUTLOOK 2013 with IMAP - what a POS - Back to 2010: Hi there Finally got rid of Office 2013 but especially Outlook 2013 off W10 -- back to Outlook 2010 (and Office 2010). If you use IMAP Outlook 2013 is HOPELESS if you use different SMTP SENDING servers - it's totally NOT USER FRIENDLY to Local folders at all -- moving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2019 not allowing username

2. GOOGLE WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE IMAP ACCOUNT IN OUTLOOK CANT SIGN IN

3. outlook 2019 how to set imap username

4. how to set custom username outlook imap,
  5. outlook 2019 imap custom username