Windows 10: Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST

Discus and support Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone give me instructions on how to install Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus OUTLOOK! to input my existing PST instead of it creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobbyTu, Mar 28, 2020.

1. BobbyTu Win User

Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST

Can anyone give me instructions on how to install Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus OUTLOOK! to input my existing PST instead of it creating another one, or at least how to import more emails into the same Profile or Data File??

:)

BobbyTu, Mar 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Mar 28, 2020
  3. marcbkk Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Lis7 Win User

Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 email

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue: I have a new computer (windows 10) and installed Office Professional Plus 2019 with no problem, except Outlook with multiple issues. Clicked on the Outlook icon to start the setup process, it went great as it found my account and showed all my folders in the side bar that I...
  5. emails from gmail to outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    emails from gmail to outlook 2019: how to trasfer emails from gmail to outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-from-gmail-to-outlook-2019/fc22acc7-8dd2-48fb-a58b-2c0a3c43d39a
  6. Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019): I want to import the .pst file of my old PC (Win 7, Outlook 2010) on my new PC (Win 10, Outlook 2019). You used to be able to do that by simply copying the .pst file into the "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook" folder but it seems like it doesn't work like that anymore....
  7. Email PST folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email PST folder: I crashed my hard drive with my PST folder. Now Outlook.exe does not run because it cannot fond my .PST folder! How can I set a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-pst-folder/abf11058-0d20-455d-a4b7-12af1d1ec5b7"
  8. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  9. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...