Windows 10: Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem

Discus and support Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2 19042.662 (totally up to date) Outlook 2019 Version 2011 Build 13426.20308 (totally up to date) Inbox subfolder problem I created a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fergusd, Dec 7, 2020.

1. fergusd Win User

Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem

Windows 10 20H2 19042.662 (totally up to date)
    Outlook 2019 Version 2011 Build 13426.20308 (totally up to date)
    Inbox subfolder problem
    I created a subfolder under Inbox called NTS, to no objection from the system. It is moderately populated - as relevant emails arrive I drag them there.
    1) I noticed that NTS is not amenable to alphabetical sorting, it sits there at the top of the tree immediately under Inbox.
    2) Right-clicking shows many of the options greyed out - I cannot rename this subfolder and I cannot delete it!
    These actions are easily achieved for any other subfolder.
    3) Right-click Properties shows no obvious distinction between this subfolder and any others.
    Have I chosen a particularly problematic name in NTS?! This is all I can think of.
    Regardless of cause, is there a cure? Ideally I would get rid of this and create a different subfolder with a new name.
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Well - answering myself ("cure"; but NOT "cause", which I would still quite like to know .. ..)
    Outlook is mimicked on my phone as an ExchangeActiveSync account. On this device (a) the alphabetical sorting of Inbox subfolders shows NTS where it should be (between M and O); and (b) (having emptied it as a preliminary) I was able to delete this subfolder conventionally and with no glitches.
    When I returned to Outlook 2019 on W10, the problem subfolder had indeed disappeared.
    So: a good result but as I say it would be interesting to know where the W10-based problem resided, and how it might have been addressed.

:)

fergusd, Dec 7, 2020

2. Outlook 2016 problems

My company “upgraded” my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. My MS Outlook 2016 is behaving very strange. First, subfolders of the inbox won’t appear until I create a “test” folder in the inbox. Then I have to do this for each subfolder. I also noticed an intermittent problem with attaching files from the toolbar (nothing happens), and my signature doesn't appear in a new email, even when I try to insert it from the toolbar (nothing happens). These problems all disappear when I run Outlook in Safe Mode, and all of the subfolders show up in OWA. Our IT department thought they fixed it, but the problems reappear intermittently depending on what I do.

What I have tried so far:

• Uninstall Office and reinstall
    • Remove email profile and create a new one
    • Run command > outlook.exe / resetnavpane
    • Run command > outlook.exe / cleanviews

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

sparkynerd, Dec 7, 2020
  3. wilsonjd Win User
    Want to integrate POP email with Outlook inbox and subfolders

I have a HTC Touch Pro2 running WM 6.1. I have a Vista x64 laptop running MWDC 6.1. I am syncing successfully, but want to configure things differently. I believe that what I want to do is not supported by the existing Microsoft software. If I'm correct,
    I'm hoping someone can suggest a third-party app that will address my issue, as I can't seem to find one.

I have two POP email accounts. On my desktop, they deliver mail to my inbox and "pop2" folders in Outlook 2007. On the TP2, they deliver to "pop1" and "pop2." When I sync TP2 to desktop, I get a third inbox, with a subfolder for "pop2" as well as a couple of
    other subfolders that I also sync to the TP2.

The main problem with this arrangement is that when using the TP2, and I want to reply to an email stored in the Outlook inbox or a subfolder, the reply email is stored in the "outbox" and only sends on sync. I would like to be able to use my "pop1" account
    when I reply from "inbox" and "pop2" account when I reply from the "pop2" subfolder.

I would ideally like to have a single folder structure on the TP2 that mimics the folder structure on my desktop, complete with the option to deliver email from a POP account to a designated subfolder.

Suggestions?

wilsonjd, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Goc1 Win User

____Syncing problem with HTC and Outlook subfolders

I am trying to sync over air my Outlook subfolder with my HTC HD2 (using windowsmobile 6.5). Emails coming into inbox ok, but mail directed to my subfolders is not appearing anywhare on my mobile. I know this is a syncing issue of some kind and I had this
    working previousally, bu recently had to change my outlook default email address at work and on my HTC. PS Outlook subfolders appearing on HTC ok.

Any suggesting appreciated.

Gabriel

Goc1, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 Inbox

2. Outlook Inbox messages disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Inbox messages disappeared: When I logged into my Outlook Inbox this morning I only had 4 messages. I had at least 10 messages that I had not responded to and they've disappeared. Is there a way to get them back? I'm on a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045, Desktop system model OptiPlex...
  3. outlook inbox folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook inbox folders: I have in my Inbox of Microsoft Office 2019, more than 100 folders and subfolders and even sub-sub-sub folders. They were created more than 20 years. I wish to transfer all these folders to Windows Mail. Please advise as to how to get it done. The mail includes all my gmails...
  4. outlook inbox folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook inbox folders: I have in my Inbox of Microsoft Office 2019, more than 100 folders and subfolders and even sub-sub-sub folders. They were created more than 20 years. I wish to transfer all these folders to Windows Mail. Please advise as to how to get it done. The mail includes all my gmails...
  5. Issue with Outlook Inbox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with Outlook Inbox: Hello Concern, This is Sharma Binaya and I am working as a Web Developer, I am using both Window & MAC for my work, I updated my window to version 10 and now I was checking my Outlook mail, I am stunt all my inbox mail disappear, I do not know why, Can anyone help me how to...
  6. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox: I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop. I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists. I am running...
  7. Microsoft Outlook Subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook Subfolders: I am running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 under Windows 10. I have mail folders set up and in some cases sub folders within those folder. All of a sudden I cannot access those sub folders on my PC although I still can on my iPhone. My PC will display a + sign alongside a...
  8. Lost Outlook Inbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Outlook Inbox: I have set up a couple of alias's attached to my main Outlook email account, but I seem to have lost one and so I'm not receiving emails and cannot see the inbox inbox in the folder tree. How can I get this back? Anyone know? Thanks in advance....
  9. Outlook email inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook email inbox: don't see much help for outlook email in the app, so the answer is probably easy. why can't I see all of the messages in my inbox on my surface, but I can on my phone. can't seem to find a setting or filter I need to change. thanks. Lew...
  10. Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?: I am just about to convert my main machine to Windows 10 from 7. In 7 I use the Outlook part of Office 2013. I have developed a method of keeping my mail in subfolders of the Inbox. I have tried to create subfolders in the Inbox of the Mail app but cannot see how to. I...