Windows 10: Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved

Discus and support Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved in Cortana to solve the problem; I have Outlook 2019. A few weeks ago I had a problem with "Find Related Messages in this Conversation" where it would find messages from 2 months ago... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JohnOra, May 21, 2020.

1. JohnOra Win User

Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved

I have Outlook 2019. A few weeks ago I had a problem with "Find Related Messages in this Conversation" where it would find messages from 2 months ago but would not show messages from the current day. This problem was fixed by running a re-index via Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild. This worked and fixed my issue with finding related messages. Also in Outlook a common feature that I use often is to use the Search box in Outlook to find specific emails. In the past, prior to the re-index, the search box would retain and provide a list of the last several search terms used. i.e. I search for "to:John", "to:Kathy","to:Joe: "to:Harry","to:James" etc. If I clicked in the search box again, and start typing, I would get the list of previous search attempts i.e."To:J" would produce a list of "to:John, to:James, to:Joe" and I could click on the item in the search history list.

After the re-index this search history no longer works and no list is displayed.

Moved from: Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2019

:)

JohnOra, May 21, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 Search

2. Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019: Is it possible to have Outlook 2019 and Excel 2016 on same computer? 170340
  3. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails: Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days...
  4. 2019 Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2019 Outlook: I had 365 and just needed Outlook Office - I tried to contact Microsoft and got an outside company who said they were affiliated with Microsoft they installed 2019 and McAfee Security Now I cannot get my calendar to connect my appointments in my I Phone (which I had with...
  5. Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken

Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken: Hi folks any ideas how to fix the search function in Ms office Outlook -- seems to have gone a bit bonkers after the latest Windows (not Office) updates -- works fine if i restore to windows before last update -- (latest build) repair office and re-build indexes doen't fix...
  6. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

in Cortana
    Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019: A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in...
  7. Outlook 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2019: After Windows 10 Feature Update 1903, Outlook has been crashing when trying to attach a file. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I have tried running the Office fix as well as offloading the app and then re-installing. Has anyone seen this on other computers or know...
  8. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  9. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  10. Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019): Hi folks Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019. Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too...