Windows 10: Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

Discus and support Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wattene, Feb 14, 2020.

1. wattene Win User

Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

Hi

I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days trying out the various solutions, all to no avail. I had backed up all my old data, pst file, reg file, and created a restore point. Non of the searches would allow me to find names, folders, or basically anything. I was stuck.

Finally I thought I would reinstall my .pst data again form a memory stick, and everything worked perfectly. Hurrah!!

What I did on the 1st install was to choose File/ Open and Export / Open Outlook Data file (.pst)
    What I had done on the 2nd install was to choose File/ Open and Export / Import/Export. Such a simple solution and I hope it may help someone else.

Windows 10 Pro - version 1909

:)

wattene, Feb 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file - Office Support
    says
    Outlook does not export meta-data such as folder properties (views, permissions, and AutoArchive settings); message rules; and blocked senders lists.

There are 3rd party tools too- commercial mostly- Mailstore Home is free, but there's no feature description I can find quickly. I have used it in the past, but not for Outlook.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2020
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Outlook on your mobile browser is being upgraded

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...d/ba-p/1125816

Brink, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 search

2. Contacts search not working - Office 2019 Home and Business

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Contacts search not working - Office 2019 Home and Business: Hello, I have over 3000 contacts in my "Other Contacts" folder. They all show up there, but when I use the search function to look for a specific person, I get "No results". *Edit: I have two offices on two computers: One is Office 2013 Home and Business and the other is...
  3. Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar.: Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-sync-windows-10-calendar-with-outlook/497e2769-4c7e-4583-8b9d-1c420b733dce
  4. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

in Cortana
    Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019: A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in...
  5. Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!: Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar reminder recurrences not working! I have tried all the ways proposed on the net so far found and checked all the option settings and when it did not work with Office 2016 I loaded Office 2019 and it still did not work (Show reminders) I...
  6. Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working: I am trying to add my iCloud account to Windows 10's "Email, calendar, and contacts" account list to use my iCloud contacts and info with the People and Calendar apps. When I use my login credentials, it just gives me the status "looking for your settings" and hangs there...
  7. How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?: I'd like to be able to save my settings for Outlook 2016 (folders, default address book, page layout etc) as well as my email, calendar and contacts etc. I know how to save .pst files for data, but is it possible to save visual preferences as well? 102087
  8. Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Move Contacts & Calendar folder to new email address - Outlook 2016: Windows 10 running Outlook 2016. When I did a fresh install I set up 3 email address and added my .csv files of contacts and calendar form prior install. I did not pay attention and Outlook 2016 assigned them to an email address I now wish to get rid of. Did a web search...
  9. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...