Windows 10: Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Discus and support Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019 On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Feb 20, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Hi there
    seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019

On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero emails in the spam folder . That's fine and should normally be fine.

Now if I logoff and re-boot into Windows as the HOST machine (same version of Windows and Office 2019 that I was running on the VM) it shows 14 emails in the spam folder !!! (For this purpose I don't care whether these are really spam or not). So why can I see these emails on one system but they are nowhere to be seen on another !!!

Server is IMAP.

Bonkers --- !! shouldn't be able to LOSE emails just using OUTLOOK with identical server settings and release.

(Logging physically on to the email server on the domain those emails are DEFINITELY in the SPAM folder).#

??? --- any ideas .

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Dugly Win User

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

If some of you folks would take the time to actually read the user posts you might resist making comments about "just google it" or "read the instructions". I have looked for a solution to this problem for several months and can provide a few details:
    • The issue is becoming widely discussed by many users with the same problem - it's not confined to just a few people. The MS web sites contain many posts.
    • The problem seemed to begin in May 2019
    • It appears to be confined to Gmail on Outlook 2019
    • It isn't clear if it's a Microsoft issue, or a Google issue, or both.
    • It is not a problem when using a client such as Thunderbird, which I have installed and use - the Gmail account was an easy (trivial) set-up. For me, Gmail continues to work on Thunderbird without issue.
    • There are many suggested fixes - enabling IMAP is a given, changing port numbers, server names (e.g, imap.gmail.com to imap.googlemail.com), the use or non-use of 2FA, app passwords, allow less-secure apps to run, etc. I have tried all of these singly or in various combinations.

For me, the problem started a few months back when Outlook puked up the Gmail settings and would not proceed with re-installing the account. I continuously received messages that it could not find the IMAP server - the fault code is noted in a couple of messages above.
    Initially I thought I had re-mediated the problem by doing an on-line repair of MS Office (Pro Plus, 2019). This meant re-activating Office, Project & Visio, which I do not want to do continuously. I was able to set-up my Gmail account easily, and thought the problem was resolved. This lasted about a week.
    Now, after a system restart, I can generally set-up Gmail again easily, without repairing Office - just as some of you suggest that this is all that is necessary. It may last for a day or two, but frequently only a few hours.
    I'm not willing to give up on 2FA.
    I am cutting away from Gmail so I'm not going to obsess over a solution any longer. For the limited number of Gmail I still receive I can manage with Thunderbird or by browser.
    If this isn't an issue for you, that's great. Happy days. But don't discount the issue as being one of user failure to follow instructions.

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

For Sygnus21: It's enabled on my account, disabling it seemed to be the root cause of Janice Reid's issue. I could try turning it on and off and might give that a spin in the next day or so. I really should be working :/

Dugly, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 20, 2020
  4. z3r010 Win User

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Adding gmail with imap to Outlook 2019 is as simple as entering your email address and password at the add accounts page, no need to turn off 2fa as you get a google authentication page as part of the setup.

At what point is it failing?

z3r010, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 Spamadoooo

2. Cannot connect outlook to IMAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect outlook to IMAP: Hello,I am running our of options. I cannot add a new email account to Outlook IMAPI asked the hosting company. We have run multiple tests together. They do not know what the issue is.I tried everything disabling add-ins, changing passwords, disabling firewalls etc..Do you...
  3. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  4. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  5. Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder: Hi folks those of you with NEW installs of Outlook 2019 and using IMAP --i.e no upgrade from previous versions or using a brand new Windows install will probably find Archive or export to file doesn't function as a .pst file doesn't exist. The best thing to do is to create...
  6. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  7. Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account

Outlook 2019 doesn't allow custom username for IMAP/SMTP account: Most my users are using Thunderbird, but sometimes someone wants Outlook too. For my users, i am creating emails similar to this "john.smith@company.com" and all have usernames like "johnsmith". It is pretty practical, username can be same to more services, only password is...
  8. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  9. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder: Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone. However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder....
  10. Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings: Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 as my mail client with IMAP. My setup is working correctly but I have a question regarding the display of the IMAP folder hierarchy in the left hand column under All Mail Items. Somehow, possibly due to a previous error in deleting a...