Windows 10: Outlook 2019 - suddenly lost huge number of emails under "Deleted"

Discus and support Outlook 2019 - suddenly lost huge number of emails under "Deleted" in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In real terms it does not matter much (or at all) but I've suddenly noticed that I've lost over a year's worth of emails under "Deleted". The resource... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fergusd, Jun 1, 2021.

1. fergusd Win User

Outlook 2019 - suddenly lost huge number of emails under "Deleted"

In real terms it does not matter much (or at all) but I've suddenly noticed that I've lost over a year's worth of emails under "Deleted". The resource now goes back only as far as SUN-11-APR-2021 whereas previously as far as the date of opening the account being FRI-08-NOV-2019. Of course: I cannot remember when I last looked - but very recent seismic events include (i) Windows 10 versioning from 20H2 to 21H1; (ii) an associated and almost simultaneous update to Office 2019 that took about half an hour (or more - I went away and came back); and (iii) building the same account on a new phone - but I've done this countless times with no similar accident occurring. And, yes, I have already used the "Recover Deleted Items from Server" button in Outlook. Still getting just the most recent 6 or 7 weeks' worth of items instead of 18 months'. I have not requested any Archiving and nothing is showing up under Archive. Just really tantalising: in one sense of zero importance; in another, of massive importance - how can one lose a massive slice of email history? We can all imagine circumstances where Deleted emails would provide essential scrutiny. Any ideas? Thank you! Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (latest update) Office 2019 (latest update)

:)

fergusd, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 1, 2021
  3. mccoady Win User
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: [email protected].

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: [email protected]. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: [email protected] but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

mccoady, Jun 1, 2021
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook 2019 - suddenly lost huge number of emails under "Deleted" - Similar Threads - Outlook 2019 suddenly

2. Outlook Email Disappeared - Not Deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Email Disappeared - Not Deleted: Yesterday, 30 days of email disappeared from my Inbox. Missing email is NOT in Deleted folder. Email later than that date is still there. New email coming in after the 30 days of missing email disappeared is still there. How do I find/recover the missing email?...
  3. Lost email accounts in Outlook Live

in Browsers and Email
    Lost email accounts in Outlook Live: Due to a tremendous KBCI error here ALL email accounts in my Outlook Live are gone. (I mistakenly removed the folders for each) I thought I could just add them back in but don't remember how. I've found a number of ways to do so on the web but they must be from an earlier...
  4. Outlook 2019 : New email : HTML : lost opportunity to alter font

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 : New email : HTML : lost opportunity to alter font: I seem inexplicably to have lost the capability to alter / enhance Font when composing a New Email in Outlook 2019. New Email > Message > Basic Text just has the Font, and Paragraph, sections greyed out. When I select Format and choose HTML (my default) there is no change....
  5. Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails: I use encryption with one of my email correspondents and Outlook 2019 works perfectly (although it has no way to set encryption on a per recipient basis). The problem is, neither my SENT messages or RECEIVED messages from this individual are indexed--I can't search for a word...
  6. Lost Outlook email folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Outlook email folders.: My Outlook email apparently updated last night and now I am missing almost all Folders. I need a FIX!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-outlook-email-folders/972bbf0c-5bfb-4201-82d0-e9f226ff0b94
  7. emails from gmail to outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    emails from gmail to outlook 2019: how to trasfer emails from gmail to outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-from-gmail-to-outlook-2019/fc22acc7-8dd2-48fb-a58b-2c0a3c43d39a
  8. Outlook Email suddenly cant sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Email suddenly cant sync: I had the same problem about a month or so ago when the outlook email just stopped working, but once I installed updates things started to work again and has been working fine until last Friday when all of a sudden I send or receive emails on my Pro with windows 10, email is...
  9. Two email addresses under outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two email addresses under outlook: Hi I have two email addresses under MY NAME (I am the administrator) and I cannot seem to get rid of the second one. They are both of the same name; ie. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the second one is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** How should...
  10. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers: I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over...