Windows 10: Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened

Discus and support Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My wife's laptop on the same network as my PC and using the same version of Outlook 365 displays the paperclip indicating the message has an attached... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sigurd, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Sigurd Win User

Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened

My wife's laptop on the same network as my PC and using the same version of Outlook 365 displays the paperclip indicating the message has an attached file. But when the message file is opened the attached file is no longer displayed (and available to be opened) above the email message as it is on my version and was on her laptop until today.

I assume she has inadvertently clicked on something that stops attachments being available when a message containing one is opened.

Highlighting the message with the attachment and clicking File and Save attachments allows the attachment to be downloaded.

Any ideas as to what has changed? Settings seem the same as mine but obviously something is different.

Thanks

:)

Sigurd, Sep 20, 2017
  2. JWH226 Win User

Why does Outlook 365 always go to Outlook Explorer instead of Edge when I open apps in an email?

I receive trusted emails which say I should click to open them in a browser. When I click, the system takes me to the old "OUTLOOK EXPLORER" program instead of taking me to MS Edge. I do not use Explorer any more and it is not set up on my computer. How
    can I change the default program for opening applications attached to an email?

[Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home]

JWH226, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Bruno_877 Win User
    Attaching documents in emails and sync schedule improvements

When will we be able to attach a document in outlook, directly from outlook?
    When will peak and off peak sync schedule for emails be available?

Bruno_877, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Sigurd Win User

My wife found the answer herself.

Open an email with an attachment. At the top of the screen are the various tabs and below that a box showing details of the email - date received, subject, sender, etc. Below that are the names of the attachments which you can click to open.

At the far right of the email details box is a small up or down arrow. Clicking on this reduces or increases the size of this box. Above is a tiny paper clip icon and number. Clicking on this opens and closes the box containing the attachments.

Obvious once you realise it's there!

Sigurd, Sep 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 Attachments

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  4. MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues: Running W10 Ver 20H2 & latest ver of MS 365. Both recently installed after a reinstall I have 2 small but irritating issues with Outlook now. 1) I cannot seem to get rid of the "always ask" tick box on the warning window when opening mail attachments, despite trying previous...
  5. Outlook - Email Attachments missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook - Email Attachments missing.: Hey, I am facing an issue with Inbox emails with attachments. Some mails have attachments that just don't show up in my inbox on the outlook APP. These mails checked online on Gmail or Zoho mail show the attachments. The problem is not universal, since I have many...
  6. outlook 365 will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook 365 will not open: after new update microsoft edge update outlook 365 will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-will-not-open/dfa09557-ac05-4998-9c10-d997535d228d
  7. opening email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  8. Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365

Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365: If I open an email then delete the email (either via the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar) I can not undo the action (teh undo icon is greyed out) However, sometimes it isn't but when clicked I get a popup error If I delete without operning it (either via the ribbon, Quick...
  9. Open Outlook Attachment With...

Open Outlook Attachment With...: Win10 1909. If I receive a JPEG attached to an Outlook 2019 email I click to open it... [img] Problem is that this selection does not persist in Outlook, the next time I open a JPEG attachment I again get this selection window. The setting persists for all other...
  10. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...