Windows 10: Outlook 365 Calendar - change default to not be All Day

Discus and support Outlook 365 Calendar - change default to not be All Day in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I create a new appointment in Outlook's Calendar it always defaults to an all day event. For me these are very rare so I have to untick that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tpriest, Feb 12, 2021.

1. tpriest Win User

Outlook 365 Calendar - change default to not be All Day

When I create a new appointment in Outlook's Calendar it always defaults to an all day event. For me these are very rare so I have to untick that setting then select the start & end times. 3 clicks. From time to time I forget to untick All Day and wonder why I can't get the Start Time drop down.

If the default was to start an appointment at say 0900 then it would, for me, be simpler. I can't find any option to achieve this.

Apart from a bit of VBA to intercept the New Event event, is it possible to change this default?

- - - Updated - - -

Replying to myself.

Realised that it happens because, in Month view, I click on a day so it defaults to an All Day event. Clicking New Appointment on the Ribbon, (or Ctrl+Shift+A) gives a new non-All Day event form, or using week or day view gives a similar result.

Just what I want, I'll have to change the way I've been creating new appointments for more years than I care to remember.

:)

tpriest, Feb 12, 2021
  2. gpstoloff Win User

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

If the calendars are stored on an Outlook.com account, then you first have to share them on Outlook.com with all family members. This process emails an Exchange server-based link -- but NOT an ICS file -- to each family member's Outlook 365 program.

Once you open that link from within Outlook 365, close and reopen the program. The calendar should now appear in the list of calendars on the left side of the screen.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-5a9b3f5e6ff2 will explain the Outlook.com part of the process, and that article contains links to the Outlook 365 part as well.

But, remember, there's a big difference between sharing calendars between 2 people's Outlooks on their own PCs, without a central Exchange server involved -- and sharing calendars on Outlook.com or another Exchange server, and using Outlook as the client to download from the server & work with it. If you're wanting the first technique, then that's a different discussion altogether. Please advise, and good luck (from a former Shropshire lad).

gpstoloff, Feb 12, 2021
  3. gpstoloff Win User
    Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Mate, I feel your pain.

I've been able to get my family calendar to load in Outlook.com (Web browser), W10 Calendar, Outlook for Android, and Outlook 365. Of all of these choices, the ONLY app where my Family calendar is READ-ONLY is ......Outlook 365.

In fact, the ONLY Outlook.com-based calendar that I can edit in Outlook 365 is my personal calendar. According to MS Tech Support (2nd level), because it links to Outlook.com as an Exchange server, it only will update its own account's calendar.

So, I'm hoping someone has an answer soon.

gpstoloff, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Stilgar75 Win User

Outlook 365 calendar problem

Hi, i need help about outlook 365.

I recently switched to office 365 from office 2010, and I noticed that in the calendar box the dates where there are appointments are not highlighted as in the old version, also the weeks are not numbered

Outlook 365 Calendar - change default to not be All Day [​IMG]

Stilgar75, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 Calendar - change default to not be All Day - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 Calendar

2. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  3. How to delete the default calendar in outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete the default calendar in outlook: I want to delete the default calendar in outlook because its title is showing in another language and I can't change it using system preferences or account preferences [ATTACH]...
  4. My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook

My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook: After the update of My Family App, all my Family Calendar on all devices from the family disappeared with all the appointments . Only remains the new online My Family Calendar. But all the old appointments are gone. How can I get back the synchronisation? Thank you for your...
  5. Outlook 365 Calendar Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 Calendar Question: Can anyone help please? I have just "moved" my Outlook 365 email to a new PC also running Outlook 365. I was using POP3 on the old computer but have opted for IMAP on the new and all seems ok as far as emails are concerned. I now need to move my Outlook calendar from the old...
  6. Outlook 365 calendar problem

Outlook 365 calendar problem: Hi, i need help about outlook 365. I recently switched to office 365 from office 2010, and I noticed that in the calendar box the dates where there are appointments are not highlighted as in the old version, also the weeks are not numbered [img] 159739
  7. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...
  8. Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar

Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar: Hi All, does anyone have a tool or a solution to effectively sync between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar, in both directions? Thanks, Mark 145239
  9. Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar: Hi All, does anyone have a tool or a solution to effectively sync between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar, in both directions? Thanks, Mark 145239
  10. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365: I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family...