Windows 10: Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature

Discus and support Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Greetings, Specs: Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.720 Office 365 / Outlook - Version 2003 - Build 12624.20176, Monthly Channel (Targeted)... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by NEURO2015, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NEURO2015 Win User

Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature

Greetings,

Specs:
    Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.720
    Office 365 / Outlook - Version 2003 - Build 12624.20176, Monthly Channel (Targeted)

Everything was running fine with my O365 Business Premium and its Outlook program on my Win10 PC until this morning when I launched it and encountered two issues.

Issue #1
    'From:' email address blank - When creating a new email, the 'From:' email address field is blank, instead of showing my default email account...and I cannot type into the field. And the 'From:' button no longer displays a drop-down of my email accounts to choose from. The button is dead and does nothing now.
    • I have several different email accounts setup in Outlook, including my businesses domained email address, some Outlook.com addresses, and some addresses from my ISP. All used to be listed in the From drop-down, until this morning.
    Issue #2
    Default Email Signatures - While tinkering around trying to solve #1, I noticed in my Outlook options for 'Signatures and Stationary' that all three drop-down boxes for 'Choose default signature' are greyed out and not active, although all my email signatures are listed in the box to the left and can still be edited. In other words, I can no longer choose my default email address. Now, all new emails I start default to my business domained email address.
    • Oddly, if within a new email, I select Signature from the Include section of the ribbon bar, I can change the signature to one of my other account signatures.
    • I created a new email signature to test if the three boxes would come back to life and they didn't.

I've also done the following:
    Run both the Quick and Full repairs for Office365 - Didn't resolve the issues
    Restarted O365 in Safe Mode - Issues were present in safe mode

I don't know if the two issues are related, but everything was fine this morning when I closed Outlook. The only thing I did after that was the latest March 12 Win 10 update, KB4551762, then rebooted the PC. A couple hours later, I re-launched Outlook to get to work...and those issues appeared.

I've looked everywhere for a solution, including the forums here, and came up with nothing. I'd really appreciate anyone who knows how to resolve these issues.

Thank you

:)

NEURO2015, Mar 13, 2020
  2. kevvyb Win User

Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts

Hi

I have set up 3 separate email accounts all with their own .pst file.
    1. My main Zen domain: L: xxx@zen.co.uk
    2. a Zen sub-domain: L: xxx@xxxxxx.myzen.co.uk
    3. another domain unrelated to Zen: L: xxxx@xxxxx.bbmax.co.uk

I have edited the registry in order to force outlook to ask from which account an email should be sent - this is working well.

I am now trying to apply a signature just to the Zen sub-domain and correspondingly have selected the Zen sub-domain when creating the signature.

However, if I am understanding what is happening correctly, Outlook does not seem to recognise the difference between the Zen main domain and the Zen sub-domain, entering my signature for the sub-domain when sending from the main Zen account.

I am basing this on the fact that I have noticed is that when I create a new email with no sender (to be selected) the signature for the Zen sub-domain is displayed and it clears if I subsequently select to send from the bbmax address (all good). BUT if I select to send from the main Zen account, the signature is not cleared(the problem).

Is there a way to get Outlook to make this distinction?

Thanks in advance - still searching for solutions...

kevvyb, Mar 13, 2020
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Mar 13, 2020
  4. kevvyb Win User

Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts

Hi

I have found some information with regards to Office 2016 (and others) which points to registry entries that do not seem to exist for me so wondering if the registry keys are in a different location for Office 365...?

Basically I will be taking on a job and have set up the existing domain/email account, with separate .pst file) in Outlook because I want to keep all this mail separate from my own personal email. So far so good.

I know (or have been lead to believe from what I have read) that Office will default to the receiving account for forwards and replies. BUT I want to make sure that when I start using the two email accounts together from within Outlook that I am forced to select one or other account for all new emails to ensure that I do not send 'business' emails from my personal account and visa versa.

Is this possible in Office365?

Thanks in advance.

kevvyb, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 Can't

2. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  3. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  4. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. set outlook as default email by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set outlook as default email by mistake: In settings i put outlook email as default by mistake. It says there is a wayto "reset" but I don't see it. I would like to remove it from this list. That's all.How do i do that please?I have attached a snip from where i want it removed. Thank you...
  6. Outlook Email Account Settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Email Account Settings: Hello Forum, I'm preparing to clean install Win 10. I'm trying to collect account settings so that I can quickly reinstall my Outlook email accounts. I've got a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. I've checked my Outlook account settings, and I don't see the email setup...
  7. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...
  8. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  9. Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts: Hi I have set up 3 separate email accounts all with their own .pst file. My main Zen domain: L: xxx@zen.co.uk a Zen sub-domain: L: xxx@xxxxxx.myzen.co.uk another domain unrelated to Zen: L: xxxx@xxxxx.bbmax.co.uk I have edited the registry in order to force outlook to...
  10. Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts: Hi I have found some information with regards to Office 2016 (and others) which points to registry entries that do not seem to exist for me so wondering if the registry keys are in a different location for Office 365...? Basically I will be taking on a job and have set...