Windows 10: Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments

Discus and support Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Until a couple of weeks ago, Outlook has always defaulted to 10 occurrences when entering a recurring appointment. Now it's 25 (sometimes 85). What... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Involute, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Involute Win User

Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments

Until a couple of weeks ago, Outlook has always defaulted to 10 occurrences when entering a recurring appointment. Now it's 25 (sometimes 85). What might be causing this? Is there anyway to set the default value? Thanks.

:)

Involute, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Kevin iPAQ114 Win User

Recurring appointments with change to one occurrence do not sync correctly

I'm running Outlook 2007 on my laptop and iPAQ114 with WM6.

I've found two (so far) recurring appointments where one occurrence was moved to a different date.

Outlook 2007 behaves correctly, but the iPAQ shows that occurrence on its original date.

The only workaround I have found is to delete the occurrence and then re-instate it (by finding the meeting invite in deleted items and accepting it again). But that's not an acceptable solution - how would I know it's wrong in the first place. I shouldn't
    need to keep checking my iPAQ to see if it's been synced correctly.

Kevin iPAQ114, Sep 8, 2018
  3. tk06830 Win User
    Problem Exporting Recurring Appointments from Outlook 2007 to Excel

I want to export appointments from Outlook 2007 to Excel for a given period of time, say the past week, as I see them in Outlook Calendar daily/weekly view. The problem I have is that some, but not all, of recurring appointments that occur in the past
    week don't show up in the exported xls file, or show up with "Start Date" / "Start Time" and "End Date" / "End Time" that seem to be related to when a recurring series first begins, instead of the date/time of the occurences during the past week.

I use "File/Import and Export ..." to do this, and specify the date range when prompted by the wizard near the end of the process. The wizard's description of how recurring appointment treated seems to be what I like to see -- individual occurrences of recurring
    appointments will be created and only the ones falling within the date range will be exported.

tk06830, Sep 8, 2018
  4. rjm2k Win User

Recurring appointments not synced correctly

Dare I ask, did you get anywhere with this?

Nokia at one point suggested I create a new outlook profile, reading between the lines it seemed they were suggesting a version of pc suite had changed something in outlook. I just tried syncing a Sony k800i with the same outlook and the appointments work prefectly,
    yes I know that it's a different phone but the Nokia, or rather an older version of Nokia PC Suite used to support these appointments perfectly until they broke it Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments :( Since my 6230 used to support these appointments before they broke pc suite, I'm hoping that
    one day they will fix pc suite again and the 6300 will then support them too.

Can't be so difficult for them to work out what they broke really can it?

Just to recap

Nokia 6230 + old version of PC suite = recurring appointments work fine.

Nokia 6230 + new version of PC suite = recurring appointments don't work.

Nokia 6300 + new version of PC suite = recurring appointments don't work.

Maybe

Nokia 6230 & 6300 + fixed version of pc suite = recurring appointments work once again!

Message Edited by on 29-Apr-2008 01:58 PM

rjm2k, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 default

2. Outlook Default Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Default Profile: I am trying to install iCloud on my PC. I got a dialog box that said, "Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again." I checked, and my Outlook settings show my only ID as the default profile....
  3. Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!: Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar reminder recurrences not working! I have tried all the ways proposed on the net so far found and checked all the option settings and when it did not work with Office 2016 I loaded Office 2019 and it still did not work (Show reminders) I...
  4. Outlook 365 hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365 hangs: Hangs while typing a message (new or reply). Cursor freezes. Only way to get out of it is boot the computer. Do not have a large nickname cache. Do have a lot of folders. I am an average email user and I experience this about once or twice a week. This does not happen...
  5. Microsoft outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft outlook 365: Hi, I have a client using Microsoft Outlook 365 and when she goes to her online server account and cleans up her email on the site, it removes those emails from the ones she has on her PC as well.. how can it be stopped from doing this? regards Kris Snidal...
  6. Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365: Greetings, I was referred by Brink to ask my question here. I'm going to upgrade from Office 2007 to an Office 365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import the .PST with all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar...
  7. Outlook 365 - Tasks

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 - Tasks: Hello, I wasn’t sure where to post this so I’m hoping this is the right place! Anyway, I have a few questions about tasks in Outlook 365: - Can I create more than one task list? It doesn’t seem obvious to me, but maybe I’m simply missing it? - Assuming I can do the...
  8. Is there a way to change appointments in Outlook 2016 instead of

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a way to change appointments in Outlook 2016 instead of: Is there a way to change appointments in Outlook 2016 instead of going on the web to change it in Outlook? Seems stupid to have to go on the web when your Calendar is right there. 69233
  9. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365: I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family...
  10. Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar

Unable to open attachment/appointment Office Outlook/calendar: My client has Office outlook 2007 installed on his laptop running Windows 10. Upon receipt of an email the attachment goes to his calendar. Up until 7 days ago he was able to open the attachment/appointment directly from his calendar. The attachment/appointment is a .pdf...