Windows 10: Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments

Discus and support Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Until a couple of weeks ago, Outlook has always defaulted to 10 occurrences when entering a recurring appointment. Now it's 25 (sometimes 85). What... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Involute, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Involute Win User

Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments

Until a couple of weeks ago, Outlook has always defaulted to 10 occurrences when entering a recurring appointment. Now it's 25 (sometimes 85). What might be causing this? Is there anyway to set the default value? Thanks.

:)

Involute, Sep 8, 2018

2. Recurring appointments with change to one occurrence do not sync correctly

I'm running Outlook 2007 on my laptop and iPAQ114 with WM6.

I've found two (so far) recurring appointments where one occurrence was moved to a different date.

Outlook 2007 behaves correctly, but the iPAQ shows that occurrence on its original date.

The only workaround I have found is to delete the occurrence and then re-instate it (by finding the meeting invite in deleted items and accepting it again). But that's not an acceptable solution - how would I know it's wrong in the first place. I shouldn't
    need to keep checking my iPAQ to see if it's been synced correctly.

Kevin iPAQ114, Sep 8, 2018
  3. tk06830 Win User
    Problem Exporting Recurring Appointments from Outlook 2007 to Excel

I want to export appointments from Outlook 2007 to Excel for a given period of time, say the past week, as I see them in Outlook Calendar daily/weekly view. The problem I have is that some, but not all, of recurring appointments that occur in the past
    week don't show up in the exported xls file, or show up with "Start Date" / "Start Time" and "End Date" / "End Time" that seem to be related to when a recurring series first begins, instead of the date/time of the occurences during the past week.

I use "File/Import and Export ..." to do this, and specify the date range when prompted by the wizard near the end of the process. The wizard's description of how recurring appointment treated seems to be what I like to see -- individual occurrences of recurring
    appointments will be created and only the ones falling within the date range will be exported.

tk06830, Sep 8, 2018
  4. rjm2k Win User

Recurring appointments not synced correctly

Dare I ask, did you get anywhere with this?

Nokia at one point suggested I create a new outlook profile, reading between the lines it seemed they were suggesting a version of pc suite had changed something in outlook. I just tried syncing a Sony k800i with the same outlook and the appointments work prefectly,
    yes I know that it's a different phone but the Nokia, or rather an older version of Nokia PC Suite used to support these appointments perfectly until they broke it Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments :( Since my 6230 used to support these appointments before they broke pc suite, I'm hoping that
    one day they will fix pc suite again and the 6300 will then support them too.

Can't be so difficult for them to work out what they broke really can it?

Just to recap

Nokia 6230 + old version of PC suite = recurring appointments work fine.

Nokia 6230 + new version of PC suite = recurring appointments don't work.

Nokia 6300 + new version of PC suite = recurring appointments don't work.

Maybe

Nokia 6230 & 6300 + fixed version of pc suite = recurring appointments work once again!

Message Edited by on 29-Apr-2008 01:58 PM

rjm2k, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 - default # of occurrences in recurring appointments - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 default

2. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  3. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  4. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Recurring appointments made by outlook-app on android aren't shown anymore in windows-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring appointments made by outlook-app on android aren't shown anymore in windows-app: I have a couple of recurring events that are made in the outlook-app on my android phone. The show up correctly in the calendar in the outlook-app and also online in outlook.com. They used to show up correctly in the windows-app, but for some strange reasons, from October on,...
  6. Recurring appointments made by outlook-app on android aren't shown anymore in windows-app

Recurring appointments made by outlook-app on android aren't shown anymore in windows-app: I have a couple of recurring events that are made in the outlook-app on my android phone. The show up correctly in the calendar in the outlook-app and also online in outlook.com. They used to show up correctly in the windows-app, but for some strange reasons, from October on,...
  7. Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body

Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body: I have a series recurring event in my calendar. I can edit an occurrence to add additional information about that specific occurrence, however, it does not appear to be searchable. I have tried advanced searching, no luck. Also when I use the preview pane, it shows the series...
  8. Outlook 2019 Unable to view appointments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 Unable to view appointments: Windows 10 Pro, lots of memory, lots of everything Office 2019 Professional In Outlook 2019, email works fine. Until 2 days ago CALENDAR WORKED FINE. The ONLY thing I know of thats changed in the last couple days is Microsoft shoved a new Windows 10 update out 20H2 if I...
  9. In Outlook, can I search a calendar to find specific occurrences of a recurring meeting?

In Outlook, can I search a calendar to find specific occurrences of a recurring meeting?: I want to search my calendar for all the instances of a recurring meeting, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I know I can edit an individual occurrence from the calendar view, but searching for them doesn't seem to yield any results....
  10. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recurring appintments in out look office 365 crash PC

2. outlook 365 range of recurrence default