Windows 10: Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

Discus and support Outlook 365 deleting messages from server in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait it out

more info

Outlook Deleting Messages from Server - Microsoft Community

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 27, 2016
  2. ugura Win User

Lumia 928 Automatically deletes email

that's an outlook issue, your outlook deletes messages from server once it downloads the messages, and when your lumia syncs with server, they are also deleted from the phone. so you should better check your outlook settings and find the tick to keep
    the downloaded messages on server.

ugura, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Lumnia 640XL & POP eMail Accounts

I just set up a new mail account on one of my mail servers

I set up the account as Other account > POP3 on my phone (It's a 930 but that makes no difference)

I set up the account as POP in Outlook on my PC

I sent a message from the phone to another mail account

I replied back from the other account

Both Outlook and the phone show the reply in the inbox

I delete the message from the phone inbox

The message is still in my Outlook inbox for the account

The phone does _not_ delete mail from the server when you delete it from the phone, if it does this is behaviour that is incorrect on the server side. I know none of my personal mail servers do this (by default).

By default Outlook on PC will leave a message on the server for 14 days after you delete it from Outlook, you can change this behaviour to not delete at all, delete after an X amount of days or delete immediately.

Paul van der Heu, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

Office 365 update delivered this morning now fixes this issue

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

1. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 deleting

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook 365 not displaying full message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 not displaying full message: Windows 10 (Current version), Office 365. Problem re Outlook. My wife's PC is not displaying the whole of any email received. It displays the From and To lines and a couple of lines of the message then nothing. Selecting Reply, should normally display the message but all it...
  4. Full Scrolling For Outlook 365 Messages

Full Scrolling For Outlook 365 Messages: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with Microsoft Outlook 365 v. 2103 installed. Whenever I open a message that is several screens long and start scrolling down, the upper portion of the message (the one with the subject Line, From:, To:, Cc:) is frozen. The scroll bar on...
  5. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox: I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop. I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists. I am running...
  6. Unusual Message from Outlook 365

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Message from Outlook 365: i am running Office 365's Outlook under W10 build 1909 and have just begun to get the following message from Outlook. [img] Is there a way to not have it displayed when the condition has occurred? 162939
  7. Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365

Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365: If I open an email then delete the email (either via the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar) I can not undo the action (teh undo icon is greyed out) However, sometimes it isn't but when clicked I get a popup error If I delete without operning it (either via the ribbon, Quick...
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  9. message from outlook

in Browsers and Email
    message from outlook: Hello everyone I have been having a few problems with my laptop computer so I have reset it. I am now getting this message that keeps appearing (see attached) How do I get rid of this, can anyone please help. Regards [img] 91953
  10. Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting messages from deleted file in OUTlook: Is there a way to delete all messages in the deleted file in Outlook Thanks 47029

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook deleting messages office 365

2. deleting emails from outlook 365 server

3. outlook 365 delete messages from server

4. outlook 365 delete from server,
  5. outlook 365 delete emails from server,
  6. delete from outlook 365 and server,
  7. outlook 365 setting to delete emails from server,
  8. how to delete emails from server outlook 365,
  9. outlook 365 remove email from server,
  10. outlook for office 365 when i delete an email on my pc it deletes it on my phone,
  11. remove email from server outlook 365,
  12. outlook 365 server settings remove from server,
  13. office 365 removing emails from server,
  14. how do you stop outlook 365 from deleting emails on server,
  15. outlook for office 365 how to delete emails from server