Windows 10: Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

Discus and support Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new work computer and installed Office 365. Desktop notifications worked at the beginning for a while but then stopped. When they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by philt1980, Mar 8, 2021.

1. philt1980 Win User

Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

I recently got a new work computer and installed Office 365. Desktop notifications worked at the beginning for a while but then stopped. When they stopped working, I repaired Office and they started working for a short period of time but then stopped working. So I completely uninstalled Office and reinstalled it. The same thing, it works for a short period of time then stopped. So I ran Outlook in Safe mode and the desktop notifications work for a short period of time. Then I ran Outlook in normal mode and disabled all the Outlook add-ins. The desktop notifications only work for a short period of time in the morning and then stop.

I have disabled Focus mode, I have turned off Outlook notifications in Settings, restarted, turned on Outlook notifications in Settings, restarted and the same thing happens. Oddly I get the new mail icon in the task bar and the Outlook icon in the toolbar adds the new email icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

philt1980, Mar 8, 2021
  2. TTT
    TTT Win User

Outlook desktop notifications not showing up

The pop-up desktop notification and sound for Outlook have stopped showing up on one of my computers. Desktop alerts and sounds are enabled in Outlook settings, notification from Outlook are enabled in Win10 notifications settings, new emails go to the inbox, and I'm not using quiet hours. Notably, when I first detected this issue, I discovered that Windows 10's notification settings had been disabled for Outlook at some point (AFAIK, I didn't do this). Re-enabling this setting hasn't brought back pop-up alerts. Rebooting had no effect.

System details:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Outlook Office 365 ProPlus, version 1903 (build 11425.20202 if this means anything)

3. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

Windows 10 1709 outlook 2016 and office 365 notification issues

Hi,

We have a problem with windows 10 1709 notifications of outlook 2016 with office 365.

On a domain environment, when a regular user logs in to a computer outlook doesn't register in the notification senders list.

when a domain admin logs in to the same computer, outlook registers in the list and when receiving emails it shows a toast.

Another thing that i've checked not sure if it is related but when I log in with a domain admin with an on-premise account I see outlook in the notification sender list but when I log in with a domain admin with o365 account it doesn't work...

I have checked this on a computer that has no policy applied to, with fresh installation of windows and office.

Also, it worked on previous versions of windows.

I can't find anything while searching, any help would be appreciated.

Rahamim.

Rahamim Levi, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

1. Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 desktop

2. Outlook Notification stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Notification stopped working: After we have updated to the latest version of windows. The outlook notification suddenly stopped. I have checked the settings and it has configured properly. Anyone has the same experience? submitted by /u/lunarcat__ [link] [comments]...
  3. Outlook 365 new message pop up notification

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 new message pop up notification: Using Microsoft 365 On Windows 10 Pro. When previously using Outlook 2010 a new message would result in a pop up box bottom right of the screen giving sender, title and a line or two of the message. Found it really useful. With Outlook 365 I cannot get such a pop up to...
  4. Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications: I am trying to work out why I am not receiving notifications from the outlook application. I have turned on notifications in outlook settings and checked the permissions in windows notifications settings. Does the outlook app have to remain open in the background to send...
  5. Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?: Is there any way to prevent Outlook from putting a notification in Action Center every time I get an email? I still want the pop up, but I don't want a whole list of emails in there. I tried unchecking "Show notifications in Action Center" for Outlook in Notification...
  6. Outlook notifications not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook notifications not working: [ATTACH]When I change the text size and apps on Windows 10, I lose the new alert notifications for outlook even though all notifications are turned on from Outlook and System notifications. When it's back to 100% scale, I get back Outlook notifications. Is it a bug on...
  7. iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365): I have office 365 installed and use Office Outlook for all my email, calendars and contacts. Icloud for windows is installed. I share my calendar with my wife's account and vice versa. Everything syncs well (most of the time) but on my wife's computer there are 579...
  8. Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working: I have Windows 10 and the desktop preview alerts for Outlook are no longer working. I still get the envelope icon and notifications are showing up in the action center, but the desktop preview is not. I've read through past Q&As to try and fix the problem, however none of the...
  9. Outlook does not show desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook does not show desktop notifications: I have a problem with desktop notifications. There are 1709 version of Windows 10 and 2016 version of office. A user can not get desktop notifications from Outlook. There are not outlook on Notification senders list. I deleted and created user and outlook profile several...
  10. Outlook stop email notifications appearing in Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook stop email notifications appearing in Notifications: Hi there. any way to stop email notifications from popping up in the Notifications popup every time I receive an email --really annoying - especially with the amount of SPAM email there is these days. I'm using Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2016. Cheers jimbo 31046