Windows 10: Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts

Discus and support Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I have found some information with regards to Office 2016 (and others) which points to registry entries that do not seem to exist for me so... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kevvyb, Mar 7, 2017.

1. kevvyb Win User

Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts

Hi

I have found some information with regards to Office 2016 (and others) which points to registry entries that do not seem to exist for me so wondering if the registry keys are in a different location for Office 365...?

Basically I will be taking on a job and have set up the existing domain/email account, with separate .pst file) in Outlook because I want to keep all this mail separate from my own personal email. So far so good.

I know (or have been lead to believe from what I have read) that Office will default to the receiving account for forwards and replies. BUT I want to make sure that when I start using the two email accounts together from within Outlook that I am forced to select one or other account for all new emails to ensure that I do not send 'business' emails from my personal account and visa versa.

Is this possible in Office365?

Thanks in advance.

:)

kevvyb, Mar 7, 2017

2. Change primary alias- error "your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias".

I was reading Bell email support regarding their email upgrade, particularly the Microsoft email platforms supported, and Office 365 is not on the list. Since I am having the same issues as described above, I can only conclude that Outlook 365 is incompatible
    with Bell.Net email. I tried setting up my Sympatico account in Outllook 365 as an IMAP account, but all my emails in the POP server were download to Outlook, and Outlook started indiscriminately sending old emails out to numerous recipients. I was forced
    to immediately remove the Sympatico account from Outlook. Any attempt to change my Microsoft Account email are for naught. I am not sure who is at fault, here, Bell or Microsoft, or both, but I am sure someone dropped the ball and we, the consumers, are
    suffering. I will wait for my Office 365 subscription to expire and create a new Microsoft account then.

RickThackeray, Mar 7, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Outlook calendar data on phone but lost from pc

You will have to tell me what has been done With Outlook 365 and your accounts. Just saying it does not work is far from enough information.

If I understand correctly you have been successful in adding your phone Microsoft account to Outlook 365 and you get emails from that account on Outlook 365 and you have the contacts from that account on Office 365. Is this correct?

The main account on the phone is listed in settings, email+accounts, Microsoft account

garym123, Mar 7, 2017
  4. kevvyb Win User

Have solved this....

Added a path in registry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\outlook\options] in registry [16.0 referring to Office2016]

To that added a new D-Word 'forceaccountselection' with value = 1

This has worked. I am now forced to enter a sending account from the options available...

Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts [​IMG]

kevvyb, Mar 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 forcing

2. O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    O365 Outlook - multiple email accounts: I have O365 with 2 email accounts, emailA and emailB. Can I set emailB to deliver incoming message to the Inbox of emailA? i.e. I only need to monitor one Inbox to see incoming emails from both accounts. ( I would add a column to show which account they arrived through )....
  3. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  4. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  5. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  6. Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts: Hi, I am trying to get help with the issue I am running into. Recently I added my Gmail account into the Microsoft Email Inbox for Windows 10 to manage both of my mail accounts in one location. However, I keep getting the error message below: We couldn't access this...
  7. Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature

Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature: Greetings, Specs: Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.720 Office 365 / Outlook - Version 2003 - Build 12624.20176, Monthly Channel (Targeted) Everything was running fine with my O365 Business Premium and its Outlook program on my Win10 PC until this morning when I...
  8. Merge multiple mail accounts into one in outlook 365

Merge multiple mail accounts into one in outlook 365: Bought a new PC and installed office 365 on it. All is good except an outlook issue. I have 3 different gmail addresses. Now in out look, I get 3 sets of folders for each - as an example, I have 3 inboxes for each of them. On my old computer I had only one Inbox and all mail...
  9. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...
  10. Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts: Hi I have set up 3 separate email accounts all with their own .pst file. My main Zen domain: L: xxx@zen.co.uk a Zen sub-domain: L: xxx@xxxxxx.myzen.co.uk another domain unrelated to Zen: L: xxxx@xxxxx.bbmax.co.uk I have edited the registry in order to force outlook to...