Windows 10: Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

Discus and support Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jacobacci, May 27, 2019.

1. jacobacci Win User

Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works.
    One machine refuses to do so and insists on using basic authentication with a google app password. Is there something I need to do on this machine to enable modern authentication for IMAP gmail, or is it just a question of time until the machine does so on its own?
    Thanks a lot

:)

jacobacci, May 27, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, May 27, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

Did you know that you must have Google generate an application specific password to use in place of your regular password in Outlook on your PC? Ihey do that for security That's what I had to do to connect Outlook 2013 to my IMAP accounts. I've never had a problem. Did you also login to your Gmail account and in settings disable POP and enable IMAP?

SoFine409, May 27, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 inconsistent

2. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  3. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  4. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  5. Outlook 365 Exchange - how to change existing POP Gmail to IMAP

Outlook 365 Exchange - how to change existing POP Gmail to IMAP: Windows 10 x64, Office 365, Outlook 365 Exchange. Within Outlook I have a few POP3 accounts as well. One of them being a Gmail POP3 account. I have trying to change that IMAP and went on to do the following - go into Gmail using browser - settings > selected ENable IMAP +...
  6. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365: I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example,...
  7. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  8. Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.: I just bought a new surface pro X and I am really frustrated with why outlook isn't working properly with my gmail account. When I try to set up Gmail on outlook, it automactly sets it up as an IMAP account. Only the emails sync and not the calendar and contacts. Here's...
  9. Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frustrated with Outlook 365 & Gmail.: I just bought a new surface pro X and I am really frustrated with why outlook isn't working properly with my gmail account. When I try to set up Gmail on outlook, it automactly sets it up as an IMAP account. Only the emails sync and not the calendar and contacts. Here's...
  10. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...