Windows 10: Outlook 365 new message pop up notification

Discus and support Outlook 365 new message pop up notification in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Using Microsoft 365 On Windows 10 Pro. When previously using Outlook 2010 a new message would result in a pop up box bottom right of the screen giving... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tpriest, Sep 10, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Outlook 365 new message pop up notification

Using Microsoft 365 On Windows 10 Pro.

When previously using Outlook 2010 a new message would result in a pop up box bottom right of the screen giving sender, title and a line or two of the message. Found it really useful.

With Outlook 365 I cannot get such a pop up to appear, whether in the Notification box or not.

I've set Outlook options for When new messages arriveOutlook 365 new message pop up notification :play a sound - ticked
    Briefly change the mouse pointer - not ticked
    Show an envelop icon - ticked
    Display a desktop alert - ticked
    Enable preview for Rights Protected message - not ticked
    On Windows Settings I've set Notifications for Outlook:Show notification banners - ticked
    Show notifications in the Action Centre - ticked
    Hide content when notifications are on lock screen - Off
    Play a sound when a notification arrives - On
    The remaining options as default
    Still no pop up box.

I've now created a rule:Apply this rule after a new message arrives
    display a Desktop AlertThis does cause the pop up to appear.

Question really is why do the first two sets of options seem to have no effect?

:)

tpriest, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Unusual Message from Outlook 365

Short answer: Yes and no, it depends on your actions.

Long answer: That message requires two things to be true:
    1. Outlook is running, not closed, when computer was shut down or restarted
    2. There were at least one Outlook item (mail message, calendar item etc.) open when computer was shut down or restarted
    Note that both these conditions must be met to see that message. If you close all Outlook items before shutting down or restarting, you will not see it.

So, if I for instance read an email message in Outlook (#1 in screenshot), then open (pop out) it (#2), and now shut down or restart my PC, at next boot the message in your screenshot would be shown. Clicking Yes would re-open (pop out) that email message I had open when computer was shut down.

Outlook 365 new message pop up notification [​IMG]

To avoid this, close all Outlook items before shutting down or restarting.

3. TTT
    TTT Win User
    Outlook desktop notifications not showing up

The pop-up desktop notification and sound for Outlook have stopped showing up on one of my computers. Desktop alerts and sounds are enabled in Outlook settings, notification from Outlook are enabled in Win10 notifications settings, new emails go to the inbox, and I'm not using quiet hours. Notably, when I first detected this issue, I discovered that Windows 10's notification settings had been disabled for Outlook at some point (AFAIK, I didn't do this). Re-enabling this setting hasn't brought back pop-up alerts. Rebooting had no effect.

System details:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Outlook Office 365 ProPlus, version 1903 (build 11425.20202 if this means anything)

4. Outlook 365 new message pop up notification

Windows 10 and Outlook 365 mail notifications

Hi Paul,

If you have set up message rules and a new message is moved out of the default account Inbox, you may not receive a Desktop Alert notification, or the Desktop Alert notification might not appear for the full duration of time that you configured in the settings
    for the Desktop Alerts feature. We suggest that you reconfigure the message alert pop-up in your Outlook. Kindly refer to this

link

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Outlook 365 new message pop up notification

1. Outlook 365 new message pop up notification - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 message

2. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  3. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  4. Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages: I have Bitdefender Internet Security installed on my desktop. I keep getting the following notification nearly every time I access the internet with Microsoft Edge browser. msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to...
  5. Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages

Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages: I have Bitdefender Internet Security installed on my desktop. I keep getting the following notification nearly every time I access the internet with Microsoft Edge browser. msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to...
  6. Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  8. Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications: I am trying to work out why I am not receiving notifications from the outlook application. I have turned on notifications in outlook settings and checked the permissions in windows notifications settings. Does the outlook app have to remain open in the background to send...
  9. iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365): I have office 365 installed and use Office Outlook for all my email, calendars and contacts. Icloud for windows is installed. I share my calendar with my wife's account and vice versa. Everything syncs well (most of the time) but on my wife's computer there are 579...
  10. Pop up notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22