Windows 10: Outlook 365 not displaying full message

Discus and support Outlook 365 not displaying full message in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 (Current version), Office 365. Problem re Outlook. My wife's PC is not displaying the whole of any email received. It displays the From and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sigurd, May 12, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

Outlook 365 not displaying full message

Windows 10 (Current version), Office 365. Problem re Outlook. My wife's PC is not displaying the whole of any email received. It displays the From and To lines and a couple of lines of the message then nothing. Selecting Reply, should normally display the message but all it does is act as if New had been pressed. And since I started typing this, my PC has started doing the same thing! Both PCs are on the same household network. Not much information I'm afraid. No apparent action by either of us. She was working on emails, I was working on Publisher and Word. 10 minutes later. While trying to sort it out, I tried to send myself an email. To - Address entered normally. Same re subject. In message box, my usual signature was not displayed. I pressed Enter a couple of times and cursor moved down. Then when I back spaced cursor moved up a line and the bottom line of my signature (full name) appeared. I carried on back spacing and deleted the full name and at that point my first name appeared. Then deleted that and the greetings line appeared.

:)

Sigurd, May 12, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Unusual Message from Outlook 365

Short answer: Yes and no, it depends on your actions.

Long answer: That message requires two things to be true:
    1. Outlook is running, not closed, when computer was shut down or restarted
    2. There were at least one Outlook item (mail message, calendar item etc.) open when computer was shut down or restarted
    Note that both these conditions must be met to see that message. If you close all Outlook items before shutting down or restarting, you will not see it.

So, if I for instance read an email message in Outlook (#1 in screenshot), then open (pop out) it (#2), and now shut down or restart my PC, at next boot the message in your screenshot would be shown. Clicking Yes would re-open (pop out) that email message I had open when computer was shut down.

Outlook 365 not displaying full message [​IMG]

To avoid this, close all Outlook items before shutting down or restarting.

3. JJG10 Win User
    Unusual Message from Outlook 365

i am running Office 365's Outlook under W10 build 1909 and have just begun to get the following message from Outlook.

Outlook 365 not displaying full message [​IMG]

Is there a way to not have it displayed when the condition has occurred?

JJG10, May 12, 2021
  4. Outlook 365 not displaying full message

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Outlook 365 not displaying full message

1. Outlook 365 not displaying full message - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 displaying

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook 365 display issues under win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 365 display issues under win11: 11 Pro version 10.022000, build 2200GeForce GTX 1650 1920x 1080 multiple displays extended modeOffice 365 Bus, version 2109 build 14430.2036 current channelUpgraded win10 to win11 without issuesHowever Outlook 365 the display the best I can describe it is 'cartoonish' all OL...
  4. Outlook 365 display issues under win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365 display issues under win11: 11 Pro version 10.022000, build 2200GeForce GTX 1650 1920x 1080 multiple displays extended modeOffice 365 Bus, version 2109 build 14430.2036 current channelUpgraded win10 to win11 without issuesHowever Outlook 365 the display the best I can describe it is 'cartoonish' all OL...
  5. Full Scrolling For Outlook 365 Messages

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Full Scrolling For Outlook 365 Messages: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with Microsoft Outlook 365 v. 2103 installed. Whenever I open a message that is several screens long and start scrolling down, the upper portion of the message (the one with the subject Line, From:, To:, Cc:) is frozen. The scroll bar on...
  6. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox: I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop. I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists. I am running...
  7. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365: I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example,...
  8. Unusual Message from Outlook 365

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Message from Outlook 365: i am running Office 365's Outlook under W10 build 1909 and have just begun to get the following message from Outlook. [img] Is there a way to not have it displayed when the condition has occurred? 162939
  9. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...
  10. Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - 365 - Not displaying private contacts: Hello - Just bought a new computer with Windows 10 and Office 365. Have had great difficulty setting up Outlook email. Had to switch to a POP3 email account in order to recoup my category capability. And now, I can't figure out how to display my PRIVATE contacts. None of...