Windows 10: Outlook 365 opens to File rather tha Home

Discus and support Outlook 365 opens to File rather tha Home in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365, Windows 10 version 1909.770. For years I have had Outlook 365 open to the Home tab on the ribbon. After the latest update it insists on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Apr 17, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Outlook 365 opens to File rather tha Home

Office 365, Windows 10 version 1909.770.

For years I have had Outlook 365 open to the Home tab on the ribbon. After the latest update it insists on opening the File tab.

How do I get it to revert to opening to the Home tab?

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Apr 17, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Outlook 365 opens to File rather tha Home [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

MS have clearly changed something because mine includes in the options the two methods I tried initially.
    I ma trying to remember the steps - (I think) I tried to open the *.msg by double clicking it in File Finder and was asked what app to use. Selected Notepad without success. Tried again with Outlook (so it gave me two goes). I then installed File Viewer and that has become an option along with Notepad. So we get different results.
    The work around suggested in the web page I linked to above doesn't help - takes me to the same place as Start - Defaults

I haven't tried a repair of Outlook. Seems a bit unlikely but maybe worth a try. It may be worth trying to do what I am trying to do with .msg files with some obscure file ending I never use.

Sigurd, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 opens to File rather tha Home - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 opens

2. M/S 365 Outlook will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M/S 365 Outlook will not open.: M/S 365 Outlook will not open. I am a second user on my wife's account and each year I get dumped out of service.How do I help you correct this issue from happening each year on renewal dates for my wife's account...
  3. M/S 365 Outlook will not open.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    M/S 365 Outlook will not open.: M/S 365 Outlook will not open. I am a second user on my wife's account and each year I get dumped out of service.How do I help you correct this issue from happening each year on renewal dates for my wife's account...
  4. M/S 365 Outlook will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home

Creating an Alias in Microsoft Outlook 365 Home: Hello all! Thank you for being here. I want to know if it is POSSIBLE to create an Alias for Outlook 365 Home? I found information here about how to crate an Alias for a Business Account,...
  6. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  7. outlook 365 will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook 365 will not open: after new update microsoft edge update outlook 365 will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-will-not-open/dfa09557-ac05-4998-9c10-d997535d228d
  8. import outlook ost file into outlook 365

import outlook ost file into outlook 365: import outlook ost file into outlook 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-outlook-ost-file-into-outlook-365/71d73c46-8c71-4d6b-9b78-537990f59d3a
  9. Cannot open outlook on 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open outlook on 365: I lost power, so the computer shut down. On restart, of Outlook 365 it begins loading. I get a pop-up saying "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed. Now what?...
  10. Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365: I saved a number of email using Outlook 365 File - Save as function. I now can't open the .MSG file. Outlook can't open it and Googling for an answer I find File Viewer Plus in the Microsoft store but it won't open it either unless I pay for the upgrade! I don't usually...