Windows 10: Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

Discus and support Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bowlsys, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Bowlsys Win User

Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop.
    I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists.
    I am running Windows 10 2004.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS This behaviour only started about 3 days ago.

:)

Bowlsys, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Bowlsys Win User

I have 2 accounts setup in Outlook. 1 outlook.com and 1 Imap. Both are repopulating their respective inboxes from messages that have been deleted and this is a constant loop.
    I have removed Outlook 2019 and installed Outlook 365 and the problem still exists.
    I am running Windows 10 2004.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS This behaviour only started about 3 days ago.

Bowlsys, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox

Outlook 365 - Already deleted email, still on screen, delete it again

Good morning.

Terrible thread topic. I didn't know how to better summarize.

Windows 10 / Outlook 365
    Using Outlook at work... not a home account.

In Outlook 2010, if I had an email message on the screen, deleted the email from my Inbox (selected the email from the Inbox and pressed the Delete key on the keyboard), and (later in the day when I noticed I still had the email message on the screen) clicked Delete on the email message on the screen, it would just go away.

It is almost like Outlook 2010 understood that the email was already deleted and clicking delete on the email message just closed it.

Not the case with Outlook 365.

Same scenario, but I get the message "The item cannot be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied".

Is there a setting to make Outlook 365 function like it did in Outlook 2010 when deleting a message?

Thank you in advance.
    Steve

Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox [​IMG]

RabbitFarmer, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook 365 & outlook 2019 putting deleted messages back in Inbox - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 outlook

2. Outlook Inbox messages disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Inbox messages disappeared: When I logged into my Outlook Inbox this morning I only had 4 messages. I had at least 10 messages that I had not responded to and they've disappeared. Is there a way to get them back? I'm on a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045, Desktop system model OptiPlex...
  3. Outlook Inbox messages disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Inbox messages disappeared: When I logged into my Outlook Inbox this morning I only had 4 messages. I had at least 10 messages that I had not responded to and they've disappeared. Is there a way to get them back? I'm on a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045, Desktop system model OptiPlex...
  4. Outlook Inbox messages disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue with Outlook Inbox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with Outlook Inbox: Hello Concern, This is Sharma Binaya and I am working as a Web Developer, I am using both Window & MAC for my work, I updated my window to version 10 and now I was checking my Outlook mail, I am stunt all my inbox mail disappear, I do not know why, Can anyone help me how to...
  6. Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem: Windows 10 20H2 19042.662 (totally up to date) Outlook 2019 Version 2011 Build 13426.20308 (totally up to date) Inbox subfolder problem I created a subfolder under Inbox called NTS, to no objection from the system. It is moderately populated - as relevant emails arrive I drag...
  7. Outlook 2019 switched to 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2019 switched to 365: My Outlook 2019 got switch to 365 due to a recent upgrade with MS. How can I got it back to Outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2019-switched-to-365/61d1e33d-ea8f-4038-a6c3-0c01b2e600c1
  8. Outlook 365 double populate in inbox

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 double populate in inbox: 2 email accts with separate pst files. When I download new emails in Acct #1, they populate the inbox correctly but also populate the inbox of acct #2, not correctly. Why? How do I fix this? 168351
  9. Outlook email inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook email inbox: don't see much help for outlook email in the app, so the answer is probably easy. why can't I see all of the messages in my inbox on my surface, but I can on my phone. can't seem to find a setting or filter I need to change. thanks. Lew...
  10. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...