Windows 10: Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...

Discus and support Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, Just got a new PC (used it for a couple of weeks, Windows and Office preinstalled). In general Office, including Outlook, seems to work well.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JørgenJohanson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...

Hello,

Just got a new PC (used it for a couple of weeks, Windows and Office preinstalled). In general Office, including Outlook, seems to work well. However, I noticed some strange Indexed Locations (see below) and I can also observe "Search" warnings in Event Viewer (EventID 3037, see below).

The Indexed Locations are:

csc://{S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-1002}/

mapi16://{S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-1002}/

The SID seems to be my user, logging in with an Microsoft account, there is only one S-1-5-21-XXXX SID under HKEY_USERS).
    I have never seen these Index Locations before on other Windows/Outlook installations (used to see one Outlook icon).

- What can be wrong here?

Strangely, search seems to be working in Outlook (as far as I can see. I get search hits as expected).

I am running:

- Windows 10 Pro (x64), version 1809, Build: 17763.348
    - Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11231.20164) 32-bit, Version 1901 (Build 11231.20174 Microsoft Store), Monthly Channel, Version 16051.11231.20174.0

Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings... f0480cb3-c0b3-4376-a177-b5099104290f?upload=true.png

From Event Viewer:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Search
    [ Guid] {CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F}
    [ EventSourceName] Windows Search Service
    - EventID 3037
    [ Qualifiers] 32768
    Version 0
    Level 3
    Task 3
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2019-03-05T17:21:20.148976500Z
    EventRecordID 5404
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 0
    [ ThreadID] 0
    Channel Application
    Computer DESKTOP-LUVJ1FQ
    Security

- EventData
    ExtraInfo Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog Details: The specified address was excluded from the index. The site path rules may have to be modified to include this address. (HRESULT : 0x80040d07) (0x80040d07)
    URL mapi16://{S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-1002}/

:)

JørgenJohanson, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Nesse Win User

Outlook 2013 not listed at index locations

I've purchased office 365 and installed it on my new notebook running windows 10. I've setup my e-mail account using microsoft exchange and want to use the windows search method. But when I look at the index options there is no microsoft outlook available.

- I've already tried to repair the office 365 install (quick and online repair).
    - I've tried to edit the registry like this http://www.techerator.com/2011/01/fi...or-grayed-out/

Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings... [​IMG]

Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings... [​IMG]

Is there a way to fix this?

Best regards

Nesse, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2019
  4. DOM
    Dom Win User

Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...

Outlook 2016 Email not Indexing (The protocol handler Mapi16 cannot be loaded)

There are epic threads on the internet of users upgrading to Office 2016 and finding that Outlook 2016 email is no longer indexing. Windows Search logs the following error in Event Viewer:

I've tried ALL the common suspects:

• Rebuild Index
    • Reinstall Office
    • Remove and Re-add Outlook from Index Sources
    • Remove and Re-add Outlook Profile
    • We're already running Office 2016 x32

Removing Outlook from the index and using Unindexed search is acceptable as a very short term fix, but I need the "The protocol handler Mapi16 cannot be loaded." error fixed permanently.

At present this is happening on approx 50% of the workstations we upgrade to Office 2016 (Click-to-Run) and they're all running Win10 with all patches.

Thema:

Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...

1. Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings... - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 Search

2. search indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  3. search indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  4. windows search and search indexing not working

in Cortana
    windows search and search indexing not working: Windows search not working. Below error showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-and-search-indexing-not-working/9d6dd3b6-bcb5-471d-b02c-bb110c33ea10
  5. windows search and search indexing not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search and search indexing not working: Windows search not working. Below error showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-and-search-indexing-not-working/9d6dd3b6-bcb5-471d-b02c-bb110c33ea10
  6. OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location

in Cortana
    OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location: Search for a file in Windows 10 does not provide any results though the search goes on forever. I have rebuilt the index several times but to no avail. Also OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location...
  7. Search Index

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Index: Sir, I have HP 14s laptop with windows 10 OS and my laptop has been some issue with search index Indexing is not running from few days back and I have to know proper solution to solve this problem. I already done with all step present on Youtube and by HP consultant on...
  8. Indexing - search problems on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Indexing - search problems on outlook: My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly. I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a few weeks I experience the same problem. I did perform the rebuild again and its fine again. Do I miss something here. Must I...
  9. Strange Search Indexer Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Search Indexer Issue: I've never encountered this bug before. So a few days ago, my Search Indexer decided to go strange on me. I wasn't able to find files on different drives that are connected to the computer. I did all 3 options at: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials...
  10. Change Search Index Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Index Location in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Index Location in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Search Index in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the protocol handler mapi16 cannot be loaded. error description: (hresult : 0x80004005).

2. mapi16 shows in indexing options

3. MAPI16

4. what is mapi16,
  5. what is search index mapi16://,
  6. mapi16 cannot be loaded,
  7. mapi16 3083,
  8. the protocol handler mapi16 cannot be loaded.,
  9. OFFICE 365 INDEXING MAPI16,
  10. indexed location csc://{users SID} currently unavailable windows 10,
  11. the protocol handler mapi16 cannot be loaded. error description: (hresult : 0x80004005),
  12. mapi16 file location,
  13. mapi16 location unavailable,
  14. windows search outlook365,
  15. office 365 outlook not appearing in index mapi16