Windows 10: Outlook (365) switch to old look

Discus and support Outlook (365) switch to old look in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, is there any way to switch to old look of reading pane and New email address bar? After installing the latest update Version 1905 (Build... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by griseus, Jun 3, 2019.

1. griseus Win User

Outlook (365) switch to old look

Hello, is there any way to switch to old look of reading pane and New email address bar? After installing the latest update Version 1905 (Build 11629.20196) the interface is just awful and unnecessary big...
    email old look:

Outlook (365) switch to old look [​IMG]

email new look:

reading pane old look:

reading pane new look:

I understand that this might be only my personal preference, but lately all designers are making similar unnecessary changes to visuals and making them big. Or at least provide us with option to adjust it. I would understand it if it was concerning apps for tablets/mobiles but for desktop programs? Why would I need this big buttons instead of nice and small compact view? I cannot even uninstall latest update it is not listed in Installed updates.

:)

griseus, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

Hi All,

I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying!
    The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good.
    On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and opened my account and set it up on my new pc.
    I then imported the .pst file to the new instance of Outlook in the new pc. So far so good.....ish!
    All the email folders and content showed up with the remark "This pc only" in brackets and the Contacts and Calendar appeared is inbox files, also marked "this pc only" in brackets.

I have since found a site online that says the normal steps are to go to the Office 365 site, sign in, then delete the old pc from the list before setting up the new one and importing the .pst file.

So my question is what I should do now.

Should I delete both pcs from the account and start again, or can I simply delete the old one and everything will fall into place?

Or what?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a techno-moron/dummy!

Thanks,
    John

CargoMatatu, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Outlook (365) switch to old look

Share Photo with Outlook 365

The Photo App has a Share button. The options in the list do not include MS Office 365 Outlook. It offers 'Mail' but I do not use that because I pay for an Office subscription. How do I select 365 Outlook other than copy and paste?

Tigger Ireland, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Outlook (365) switch to old look

1. Outlook (365) switch to old look - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 switch

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  4. Outlook 2019 switched to 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2019 switched to 365: My Outlook 2019 got switch to 365 due to a recent upgrade with MS. How can I got it back to Outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2019-switched-to-365/61d1e33d-ea8f-4038-a6c3-0c01b2e600c1
  5. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  6. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365: I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/fec9b5de-09f3-45b6-a512-2179d37d2d0e
  7. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 365: I am having a problem with Outlook 365 email not allowing me to reset up my email address that I have been using for years. The email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried several times to reset my email address but it will not let me...
  9. Outlook 365 hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365 hangs: Hangs while typing a message (new or reply). Cursor freezes. Only way to get out of it is boot the computer. Do not have a large nickname cache. Do have a lot of folders. I am an average email user and I experience this about once or twice a week. This does not happen...
  10. Outlook 365 - Tasks

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 - Tasks: Hello, I wasn’t sure where to post this so I’m hoping this is the right place! Anyway, I have a few questions about tasks in Outlook 365: - Can I create more than one task list? It doesn’t seem obvious to me, but maybe I’m simply missing it? - Assuming I can do the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change outlook 365 to classic look

2. outlook 365 old look

3. outlook old look

4. swithc from office 365 to old outlook ,
  5. change outlook to classice,
  6. change outlook to classic mode,
  7. how to have old style outlook on 365,
  8. old style outlook pane,
  9. change look and feel windows 365 to old,
  10. switch to oldoutlook 365,
  11. old outlook look,