Windows 10: Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored?

Discus and support Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, In Outlook 365, when an email has blocked content and you click on the "I trust content from <source>" link to whitelist the source, where is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nuspieds, Jan 10, 2020.

1. nuspieds Win User

Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored?

Hello,

In Outlook 365, when an email has blocked content and you click on the "I trust content from <source>" link to whitelist the source, where is this setting stored?

The problem I'm having is that I use CCleaner and there's something it is cleaning that wipes all these settings so that when I go back into Outlook 365, I'm back to the blocked content email view with the link that allows me to trust/whitelist the source.

I figured that the settings would be stored in cookies so in CCleaner I tried whitelisting all the Microsoft/Office domain cookies, but that still did not work.

I just want to know which folder location(s) and/or cookies and/or whatever that contain Outlook's trusted source settings so that I can configure CCleaner to bypass those folders/cookies/whatever when it is cleaning.

Thanks!

:)

nuspieds, Jan 10, 2020

2. Outlook 365

I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem

TerryBiscomb, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

Hi All,

I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying!
    The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good.
    On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and opened my account and set it up on my new pc.
    I then imported the .pst file to the new instance of Outlook in the new pc. So far so good.....ish!
    All the email folders and content showed up with the remark "This pc only" in brackets and the Contacts and Calendar appeared is inbox files, also marked "this pc only" in brackets.

I have since found a site online that says the normal steps are to go to the Office 365 site, sign in, then delete the old pc from the list before setting up the new one and importing the .pst file.

So my question is what I should do now.

Should I delete both pcs from the account and start again, or can I simply delete the old one and everything will fall into place?

Or what?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a techno-moron/dummy!

Thanks,
    John

CargoMatatu, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored?

Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored?

1. Outlook 365 - Where are "I trust content from..." settings stored? - Similar Threads - Outlook 365 Where

2. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  3. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  4. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook 365

Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  6. My Microsoft 365 Outlook is corupted. Where download Microsoft 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    My Microsoft 365 Outlook is corupted. Where download Microsoft 365: MY Microsoft 365 Outlook is corrupted. I think I have to uninstall and re-install Microsoft 365. Where can I get the download. I have already subscribed. 169791
  7. Change where new content is stored

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where new content is stored: I have a new machine, one of the first things i do is change the location to where new documents etc are stored. I do this to stop crud on my c drive. I have two older machines that operate the same way. I made the changes on this new system is new documents will be stored...
  8. Unusual Message from Outlook 365

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Message from Outlook 365: i am running Office 365's Outlook under W10 build 1909 and have just begun to get the following message from Outlook. [img] Is there a way to not have it displayed when the condition has occurred? 162939
  9. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...
  10. Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?

Where is the Mail content stored on my computer?: E.g. the locally stored e-mail and/or the contact lists? Background if you are interested: I don't particularly like Mail, so I have decided to use Outlook.com to send and receive/consolidate all my e-mail accounts as I did for years. (As soon as MS gets its act...