Windows 10: Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?

Discus and support Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was testing my Outlook email account with MS Authenticator app and when I enter my Username in the Outlook.com page, after that, I get a notification... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?

I was testing my Outlook email account with MS Authenticator app and when I enter my Username in the Outlook.com page, after that, I get a notification to Deny or Approve the sign in request. This is all great.

But I do need to have the option to enter my password as well right after entering my username (email) and then receiving the deny or approve notification.

How can I disable Passwordless logon? Under the MS Authenticator app settings there is no option to disable passwordless.

I still want to be able to use my password along with the MS Authenticator app as well because If I don't, I am afraid I will forget it. And also, I may have to remember the password in case something goes wrong with my account.

:)

win10freak, Apr 9, 2021
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless? [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

Tenforo, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?

Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

Tenforo, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?

1. Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless? - Similar Threads - Outlook account Authenticator

2. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  3. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  4. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt: I am passwordless with Microsoft, I suddenly received a Microsoft authentication request and denied it as I wasn't logging in. Activity shows attempt from IP out of San Jose other side of the country from me. When I click secure my account I am told no worry as they didn't...
  6. Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt

Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt: I am passwordless with Microsoft, I suddenly received a Microsoft authentication request and denied it as I wasn't logging in. Activity shows attempt from IP out of San Jose other side of the country from me. When I click secure my account I am told no worry as they didn't...
  7. Cannot enable Passwordless - MS Authenticator error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Passwordless - MS Authenticator error: I am trying to enable Passwordless sign-in on my Microsoft Account. I have many verification methods configured already App notification, MS Authenticator, Email, Text, Security key etc. When I visit https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional and hit "Turn On" under...
  8. Cannot enable Passwordless - MS Authenticator error

Cannot enable Passwordless - MS Authenticator error: I am trying to enable Passwordless sign-in on my Microsoft Account. I have many verification methods configured already App notification, MS Authenticator, Email, Text, Security key etc. When I visit https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional and hit "Turn On" under...
  9. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  10. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...