Windows 10: Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it

Discus and support Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason, there is not a character at the end of every line in outlook, can't paste it here, so will add image. How can I get rid of this?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by xuzo, Apr 7, 2021.

1. xuzo Win User

Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it

For some reason, there is not a character at the end of every line in outlook, can't paste it here, so will add image.

How can I get rid of this?

Attachment 326129

:)

xuzo, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Steve Fan Win User

Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, Apr 7, 2021
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it

Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it

1. Outlook adds strange character at start of every line, what is it - Similar Threads - Outlook adds strange

2. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  3. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  4. My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile: My outlooks shows strange characters in normal windows profile but in another local windows profile it is normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-shows-strange-characters-in-normal/566de5ca-11b7-4efb-93cc-b89f70116fe0
  5. My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My outlook shows strange characters in normal windows profile: My outlooks shows strange characters in normal windows profile but in another local windows profile it is normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-shows-strange-characters-in-normal/566de5ca-11b7-4efb-93cc-b89f70116fe0
  6. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  7. Strange lines when using EDGE what is this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange lines when using EDGE what is this.: Good afternoon, Does anyone know what these weird lines of characters are that seem to pop up when I am using edge. I first notices them on my work computer and now I am seeing them on my personal pc. Would love your feedback. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Desktop Adds Strange Characters/Changes Name of Event: I'm trying to use Outlook 2013 with my live calendar. It works pretty good syncing...But I've run into a problem that can't be explained - Or - I can't figure out. Some of the event names get changed. It may change the event named "Check Water" to "����Check Wat " It may drop...
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...