Windows 10: Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

Discus and support Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My mother was trying to log into her Outlook Mail account in her web browser. It asked her to enter her DoB (which she already set when she... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheDeerDude, May 10, 2018.

1. Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

Hello,

My mother was trying to log into her Outlook Mail account in her web browser. It asked her to enter her DoB (which she already set when she created the account, years ago) and so she did.

Now, Microsoft is demanding either a copy of some official document (passport, driving license, etc) or a "small non-refundable payment" in order to confirm that, my mother who's an adult, is in fact an adult.

She is very upset and distressed by this, because she cannot access some important documents she needs, that are on that account.

Microsoft at its finest - making all the wrong decisions and annoying as many people as possible. Why not verify only the new accounts, and leave the years-old ones in peace? To get that "small non-refundable" payment from all their users? or to gather their personal data?

This is just sick and plain wrong, holding somebody's data hostage, and demanding a payment and personal data.

I am NOT interested in giving in, nor am I interested in calling Microsoft, because they don't care and they don't want to help.

Is there any way to bypass this stupid unnecessary bullsh!t?

Thank you.

:)

TheDeerDude, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

1. Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data - Similar Threads - Outlook Age Verification

2. wipe personal data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe personal data: I upgraded my HP desktop to windows 10 from windows 7. I now wish to give it to a charity but need to wipe my personal data. I have tried going through settings - recovery - reset but the computer was unable to make any changes. Initially it seemed to be working but then...
  3. Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...: I keep getting recorded phone calls from supposedly Microsoft and Windows demanding a payment of $299.00 for a Windows key and Microsoft problem solving or they will debit my bank account. I feel this is a scam and would like to hear from the community. Thank you! Margarete...
  4. Saving My Personal Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving My Personal Data: When my computer dies or shuts down, it wipes everything. This is a new occurrence that's happened within the past three days; I've had my computer for 3-4 years now. My computer shut down on it's own two days ago, and when I turned it back on it had set me back to default...
  5. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  6. Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment: Hi, I'm really worried. Someone has emailed me, saying they have a recording of me from my laptops face camera, they know what movie I was watching and are supposedly in possession of my personal files due to visiting one of their sites. Please help as they threatening me and...
  7. Age Verification - 50 Cent Donation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Age Verification - 50 Cent Donation: Hi, I just donated (or, more accurately, was forced to donate) 50 cents to verify that I am an adult. How much of that 50 cents is actually donated to charity?...
  8. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  9. Creating Personal Files in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Creating Personal Files in Outlook: I am using Wiindows 10 pro and have just done a new clean install. I am also using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and am wondering if I can create some personal folders so that I can save the emails that I want to keep. When I try to create an Outlook Data File the process...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...