Windows 10: Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

Discus and support Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My mother was trying to log into her Outlook Mail account in her web browser. It asked her to enter her DoB (which she already set when she... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheDeerDude, May 10, 2018.

1. Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

Hello,

My mother was trying to log into her Outlook Mail account in her web browser. It asked her to enter her DoB (which she already set when she created the account, years ago) and so she did.

Now, Microsoft is demanding either a copy of some official document (passport, driving license, etc) or a "small non-refundable payment" in order to confirm that, my mother who's an adult, is in fact an adult.

She is very upset and distressed by this, because she cannot access some important documents she needs, that are on that account.

Microsoft at its finest - making all the wrong decisions and annoying as many people as possible. Why not verify only the new accounts, and leave the years-old ones in peace? To get that "small non-refundable" payment from all their users? or to gather their personal data?

This is just sick and plain wrong, holding somebody's data hostage, and demanding a payment and personal data.

I am NOT interested in giving in, nor am I interested in calling Microsoft, because they don't care and they don't want to help.

Is there any way to bypass this stupid unnecessary bullsh!t?

Thank you.

:)

TheDeerDude, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

1. Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data - Similar Threads - Outlook Age Verification

2. Help with age verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with age verification: Hello My Name Is Theo & I need help with age verification so I put 12/2/2000 and it thinks I'm a 4Years old And I'm not I'm 23 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-age-verification/53ae226c-c478-43b0-a588-9e60e2fdd1bf
  3. Help with age verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with age verification: Hello My Name Is Theo & I need help with age verification so I put 12/2/2000 and it thinks I'm a 4Years old And I'm not I'm 23 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-age-verification/53ae226c-c478-43b0-a588-9e60e2fdd1bf
  4. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  5. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault demanding a Security key: Hello there,I set up my personal vault yesterday and unlocked it with a code sent to my email. Today, I am being asked to insert a security key which I don't have or when using other ways to sign in I get a code to scan to open an electronic passkey which I don't have.None of...
  6. Personal vault demanding a Security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took...: WARNING: EXPLOIT I responded to an e-mail and apparently when i responded I was admitting myself to an outlook group. They set up the group and made themselves essentially my 'parent' using parental controls. They managed to change my age to born 2013, when in fact I'm 54...
  8. Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment: Hi, I'm really worried. Someone has emailed me, saying they have a recording of me from my laptops face camera, they know what movie I was watching and are supposedly in possession of my personal files due to visiting one of their sites. Please help as they threatening me and...
  9. Age Verification - 50 Cent Donation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Age Verification - 50 Cent Donation: Hi, I just donated (or, more accurately, was forced to donate) 50 cents to verify that I am an adult. How much of that 50 cents is actually donated to charity?...
  10. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624