Windows 10: Outlook always asks for a password...

Discus and support Outlook always asks for a password... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeffrys, Mar 8, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Outlook always asks for a password...

hi guys,

i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013.

I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager.

Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back.

So this must have another reason.

Have 2 user accounts, only 1 gives the problem.

Microsoft gave me a message that i had problems with my user account and asked to put in the MS password.

No luck of course.

Getting desperate here...and when consulting the MS site...well i never found a solution for anything in support.

Any help, much appreciated.

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Mar 8, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

Computer always asks for a password

right click on the start button and select control panel

in top right of window there is a 'view' link, select small icons and look for personalisation

in personalisation, bottom right of window is a screensaver link

should see the 'on resume....' tick box in there

Martmcd, Mar 8, 2015
  3. rogerQAYU Win User
    Computer always asks for a password

Despite in settings having chosen for my computer to never go to sleep, never turn off the screen, never to ask for a password every time that a leave it for a few hours I will return to a screensaver and then being asked for my password. This is a recent
    phenomenon just the past month or so. Very irritating. I have tried varying all of the settings that seem available but not asking for a password does not work. This is a stand alone machine with only one user. I do not want to be logged out every-time I leave
    the machine and then have to use a password to start again

rogerQAYU, Mar 8, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Mar 8, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    It really depends... are you talking about Outlook or Outlook.com? Are you talking about Outlook 365 or just standard Office install?

Mystere, Mar 8, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    hi guys,

i use the Office 2013 pro x64, not using a GMAIL account, only log-in at the MS site when i have too.

Jeff

PS

i will look into the MS URL you posted.

thanks

jeffrys, Mar 9, 2015
  7. jeffrys Win User
    Ok, Dude,downloaded the X-64 version, but this only works for Office 2003, 2007, 2010, so no luck

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 9, 2015
  8. jeffrys Win User

no one else?

this problem exists for years if you consult the internet, but to get the right answer is very difficult

but thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 10, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Yes it is different for Outlook 2013. I'm looking, but have not found anything yet.

10. Dude Win User
    Jeff, try this

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mempson/a...rd-prompt.aspx

11. jeffrys Win User
    Well Dude,

will do that as soon as the question pops up again.

All of a sudden it was gone and i did not do anything. Now i am on Office 2016 and so far so good.

Changing to Office 2016 was one of the reasons i installed the preview.

thanks alot

Jeff

PS

I am away once again for France, back on Wednesday evening. If someone answers and i do not reply....

jeffrys, Mar 14, 2015
  12. Dude Win User
    Good news, enjoy the 2016

13. Outlook always asks for a password...

hi, having the same issue, tried setting up my pop parent's account, but when i do the test message, it falls over, also getting an issue, when i go to settings, forward and pop, says pop is not enabled, in firefox, and got windows 10 64 bit pro. did do a reset and keep all my files, as a blind it student using the jaws for windows screen reader, and when i do a control f 9, using office 2010 pro 32 bit, could not install the 64 bit, it keeps asking for my parent's password, put it in, check the checkbox, click okay, then keep repeating,a nd i cannot download my mail, if i do that for all mail, downloads all the mail. just want the current messages, and tried to set up imap, will a windows reset, and not keep my settings, do have a idt audio drivers, will that wipe all the audio drivers, which gives me my speech and settings. is there a tool, and have gone into app data, removed the account and all pst files, before, i then went to the account in outlook, removed it, help? this is frustrating, tried mail win 10, not working for me, thunderbird is okay, but it asks me for imap, and want pop. please help, really like outlook, unless, there's a outlook express for windows 10, there's is, but you have to pay, and dont have a credit card. help. marvin from adelaide, australia.

StarTrekCafe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook always asks for a password... - Similar Threads - Outlook always asks

2. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...: Automatic Shutdown is implemented in PC's. After powering ON PC's each and every time its asks for user name and password in outlook. Before implementing this TASK SCHEDULAR every this was working fine....
  3. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...: Automatic Shutdown is implemented in PC's. After powering ON PC's each and every time its asks for user name and password in outlook. Before implementing this TASK SCHEDULAR every this was working fine....
  4. OUTLOOK always asks for user name and passwords after implementing AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  6. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  7. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...
  8. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  9. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...