Windows 10: Outlook and gmail

Discus and support Outlook and gmail in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Shiekh, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Shiekh Win User

Outlook and gmail

I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail.

It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle a gmail account when Windows 10 Mail has not issues.

:)

Shiekh, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 20, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 20, 2020
  4. tcman50 Win User

Outlook and gmail

How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

I have been working for hours to try and figure out how to link my gmail account to outlook in windows 10, everything looks correct, username, password, 2 step verification turned off on gmails end, pop mail enabled on gmails end and yet all I get time after time is incorrect login and password identification.

Even weirder, is on on occasion it will actually connect the gmail account to outlook in windows 10 but I can only send messages from gmail and not receive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

tcman50, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Outlook and gmail

1. Outlook and gmail - Similar Threads - Outlook gmail

2. I just made an outlook email and trying to migrate from gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just made an outlook email and trying to migrate from gmail: I just created an outlook email and want to switch over from gmail but I can't move my gmail to outlook because it says I already have an alias with that account how can I transfer the account over to the outlook?...
  3. I just made an outlook email and trying to migrate from gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just made an outlook email and trying to migrate from gmail: I just created an outlook email and want to switch over from gmail but I can't move my gmail to outlook because it says I already have an alias with that account how can I transfer the account over to the outlook?...
  4. I just made an outlook email and trying to migrate from gmail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. new outlook app for windows stopped receive new gmail messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new outlook app for windows stopped receive new gmail messages: HiI am using new outlook app for couple of monthes now and every thing was ok.I have one hotmail account and two gmail accounts in the app nd all the accounts worked just fine until one gmail account stopped receving or sending emails while the othe two accounts continue to...
  6. new outlook app for windows stopped receive new gmail messages

new outlook app for windows stopped receive new gmail messages: HiI am using new outlook app for couple of monthes now and every thing was ok.I have one hotmail account and two gmail accounts in the app nd all the accounts worked just fine until one gmail account stopped receving or sending emails while the othe two accounts continue to...
  7. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.: my current email accounts in windows mail will not convert when i try to convert to the new outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-and-aol-mail-accounts-wont-updatefrom/cb6f3ed1-61bf-4231-ba3b-277aa13113ba
  8. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.: my current email accounts in windows mail will not convert when i try to convert to the new outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-and-aol-mail-accounts-wont-updatefrom/cb6f3ed1-61bf-4231-ba3b-277aa13113ba
  9. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

10. Can't sign in on gmail account to renew my subscription it keeps taking me to my outlook...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in on gmail account to renew my subscription it keeps taking me to my outlook...: I am trying to sign in with my Gmail account to renew my Microsoft Office subscription. Every time I put in the information to sign in, it signs in on my Outlook account which is not what I use on my Microsoft Office. So even though my Microsoft Word is signed in on my Gmail...