Windows 10: Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts

Discus and support Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having the issues described the following locked thread. We are currently using Outlook and Exchange on Prem in process of going Hybrid and Currently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rodd Young ryoung, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts

Having the issues described the following locked thread. We are currently using Outlook and Exchange on Prem in process of going Hybrid and Currently using SfB on prem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rompting/68983d50-0733-42e4-82ff-4d43edba56d8

Have been continually getting prompted to Provide login details for Outlook/Exchange account as well as prompts from SfB needing exchange password to access contacts. My account constantly gets locked out and logs show that the lockout is coming from one of our Exchange Servers. where my mailbox resides

Have followed steps in linked article numerous times clearing credential manager and deleting SfB cache.

Can anyone explain why this occurs continually and what might be causing the wrong credentials to be cached or possible corruption of Credential Manager?

Regards,

:)

Rodd Young ryoung, Sep 16, 2020

2. Skype for business login

Hi Justin,

Regarding your concern about Skype for business, we suggest that you get in touch with the
    Skype support team for immediate assistance.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Kerwin Lee, Sep 16, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Just a suggestion... Do you have Microsoft Office installed? If you do Skype for Business is listed under your Microsoft Office folder in your start folder/ All apps. (that's where mine is listed) Right click on it, then choose Uninstall .

You Can install the regular Skype even if Skype for Business is installed.....I have both installed.

OldMike65, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Perry Win User

Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts

Outlook 2016 Skype Plugin

Check the steps in this thread to delete the value under DisabledItems and CrashingAddinList keys in case this add-in is disabled.

When adding the add-in back, are there any errors? You may replace the add-in file with one from another computer (without problems) to see if it works.

If none of this helps, try reinstalling Skype

Perry, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts

1. Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts - Similar Threads - Outlook Skype Business

2. Skype for Business download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype for Business download: Trying to download Skype for Business. Site says I already have it. I don't. I uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-for-business-download/68125f06-111d-45fb-bb6b-8e3495115f7b
  3. Office and Skype for business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office and Skype for business: I am trying to have both my Office 365 applications and my Work Skype for business installed on my laptop. I have it on my desktop computer, but now I get an error message....
  4. OneDrive and Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive and Skype for Business: Let me first start with I'm new to Windows and I appreciate anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I'm still tinkering with it, trying to get it just right. Through the school I work at I have an office 365 subscription I can use on my personal...
  5. Completey disable Skype for Business?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completey disable Skype for Business?: The locked thread does NOT cover my issue. Fresh system, Skype for Business install. First time I started it I got a splash screen telling me I'm to move to use Microsoft Teams. I installed Microsoft Teams. Great, all is well... no problem talking to others that are...
  6. Is Skype for Business Malware??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is Skype for Business Malware??: How do I get rid of Skype for Business on my Windows 10 computer.? It comes up when I turn the computer on. I am coming to hate Microsoft. I am simple minded and need a really simple easy to follow solution....
  7. Issue with Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Skype for Business: I recently bought a laptop. OS windows 10 . However i am unable to launch skype for business. It just flashes on the screen for a while and then disappears. IE version is IE11. Tried reinstalling and rebooting system. However it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks in Advance....
  8. Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Business: For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013 and delete the shortcut for Skype. 24069
  9. Skype for Business is here!

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business is here!: A few weeks ago, we announced the technical preview of the Skype for Business client, and today, we’re thrilled to announce that the new Skype for Business client is now rolling out as part of the April monthly update for Office 2013! In addition, Skype for Business Online is...
  10. Introducing Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype for Business: Yesterday we kicked off a global conversation about how Microsoft is reinventing productivity—across the board—to create a world where people can truly make the most of their time and lead more fulfilling lives. Connecting people across all of life’s moments – to talk, to...