Windows 10: OUTLOOK ANDROID APP no search what NO SEARCH WHY ?

Discus and support OUTLOOK ANDROID APP no search what NO SEARCH WHY ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Yep the app does not let me search emails. Thankfully for now I can log into the online version and search my mail but I I find this threatening. The... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DonMurray, May 11, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

OUTLOOK ANDROID APP no search what NO SEARCH WHY ?

Yep the app does not let me search emails. Thankfully for now I can log into the online version and search my mail
    but I I find this threatening. The app for outlook is less capable than gmail. What good is even using a computer or phone if you can not search. ! Does anyone have any ideas what my be behind this ? Why even use the app if you can not search you mail ? Its like having a huge box of envelopes that you need to find something in. ! And what is next ? what is their next move ? They must have some kind of plan here like they are getting ready to disable any use of the android so we are forced to by their products. ? One day if you want to access your mail remotely we will have to buy a Microsoft product that is deliberately made to not work until you fork over 20 grand.
    When I know that programmers reduce my abilities for their own end - Like making text so I can not copy it or making it so I can not put my files where I want to. OR make it difficult for me because they want me to use the cloud space so they hide the app that allows me to put my files where I want to. !
    Main question Why would they reduce the ability of an app to search its data. ?

:)

DonMurray, May 11, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Honestly, my best results searching for stuff here is to go to googlebing, search for "xxxxxx TPU" with xxxx being replaced by your keywords.

I did find some Steam discussions on it:
    How do I enable either 5.1 or 7.1 audio in "Wolfenstein: The New Order"?. :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

Audio on 5.1 sound system :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

Audio Fix for Voices :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

I got these with: Wolfenstein new order 5.1 audio

rtwjunkie, May 11, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, May 11, 2019
  4. kls17 Win User

After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. OUTLOOK ANDROID APP no search what NO SEARCH WHY ? - Similar Threads - OUTLOOK ANDROID APP

2. Outlook Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Search Not Working: Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook...
  3. Outlook Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Search Not Working: Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook...
  4. Outlook Searching issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Searching issue: Hi this is jabad i m admin of office 365, i have my 300 client of microsoft business standard packagelast week most of user have facing some outlook search issue like when he one of mail address search but he didn't get user last mail not showing...
  5. Outlook Searching issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Searching issue: Hi this is jabad i m admin of office 365, i have my 300 client of microsoft business standard packagelast week most of user have facing some outlook search issue like when he one of mail address search but he didn't get user last mail not showing...
  6. Outlook Searching issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  8. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  9. Personalized and organized Search in Outlook for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Personalized and organized Search in Outlook for iOS and Android: Outlook is designed to help you connect, organize and get things done quickly and easily. With all your emails, calendar events, contacts and files in one place it is even more critical to simplify how you find what you need. Microsoft Search is providing helpful ways to do...
  10. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87