Windows 10: Outlook Archive External HD

Discus and support Outlook Archive External HD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm quickly running out of space on my allotment for my work inbox. Is there a way to export/store my archive(s) on an external hard drive but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nahtazu, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Outlook Archive External HD

I'm quickly running out of space on my allotment for my work inbox. Is there a way to export/store my archive(s) on an external hard drive but still have them be searchable in Outlook? I frequently refer to emails from 2+ years ago. TIA!

submitted by /u/nahtazu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nahtazu, Sep 28, 2020

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Sep 28, 2020
  4. daddysuki Win User

Outlook Archive External HD

Outlook Mail, Delete or Archive on Swipe

This is more accurate for Windows 10 Phone - Outlook Mail as of September 1, 2018 for changing mail swipe options:

You may adopt any of the methods to dispose an email, for more information please follow the instructions below:

• Tap the icon of the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ app on the Home screen of your Android device to open the screen of the app.
    • At the screen of ‘Outlook’, tap the overflow menu button, placed at the lower right corner of the screen, which has 3 periods (…) . It will open up a popup menu that says “Pin to Start”, “Manage Accounts” and
      “Settings”
    • Tap ‘Settings’ in the popup menu.
    • At the ‘Settings’ screen, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap ‘Message List’.
    • Here you may enable or disable Swipe actions and set what the Swipe will do.
    • see 2 options are given:
    Swipe Left (Default is “Delete”)

Swipe Right (Default is “Set/Clear Flag”

• Other available options are:
      • Archive
      • Delete
      • Schedule
      • Move
      • Mark Flagged
      • Mark Read

• Currently, ‘Archive’ is selected, i.e. whenever any email in your inbox is swiped to the left, it will be moved to the ‘Archived’ folder. I left this option, selected, but you may select any other option, as
      per your need or requirements. Tap ‘OK’ to save and go back to the ‘Settings’ screen.
    • Now, at the ‘Settings’ screen, tap the ‘Swipe Right’ option to configure it. If you want to keep this option of movement of email to archive whenever you swipe to right, you may left the screen after tapping
      the ‘Back’ arrow button to save the option.
    • But, at the ‘Choose Swipe Action’ screen, I selected ‘Delete’ as option if the email in the inbox is swiped to the right and tapped ‘OK’ to save and go back to the ‘Settings’ screen.
    • Now, go back to the ‘Inbox – All Accounts’ and swipe any email to the right. See, as you swipe the email to the right, the color of the email, which is being archived, is turned to dark Green. When you have
      swiped to the left of the screen, the email will be vanished from the inbox and will be moved from inbox to the archived folder.
    • If you swipe to the left, see the color of the email will start turning to the sharp Red color. When you have swiped to the extreme left, the email will vanish from the inbox and will be deleted.

Hope that help and please let us know!

daddysuki, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Outlook Archive External HD

1. Outlook Archive External HD - Similar Threads - Outlook Archive External

2. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  3. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  4. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD: just spent $1000 restoring an old E-HD that turns out to actually be locked by bitlocker I have no memory of setting this god aweful program up on an old computer 10 years ago. Now there's no way to access this drive even after rescuing the data - there is no Password or...
  6. Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD

Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD: I don't know what caused it but I am seeing a massive amount of logs that aren't clearing themselves. I don't know if someone set something in group policy to monitor something and forgot but I don't see anything abnormal. I have gone to 10 computers, all of ours are Win 10,...
  7. External HD

External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  8. Storage external HD

Storage external HD: I downloaded the window10 installation disk in my Hard Disk-external, thereafter I could not see my other files on the drive and the display size of the disk is showing 40GB, the Original size of the disk is 1TB. How could I reover my HD? I have delated downloaded window 10...
  9. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]: [img] Information Archive of old posts from Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums 98238
  10. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269