Windows 10: Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

Discus and support Outlook asking for password after 2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joakim Holmberg, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for the password for his email account in Outlook. There are also other issues such as the bank security app claiming he's using the wrong PIN even though he's not.

So, we tried a complete and clean install on his laptop, updated it all the way to 2004, installed all software, configured all accounts and so on. Got no prompts for password and he brought it back home. THe day after it's the sam issue again, Outlook prompts for passwords and the bank security app craps out.

We've tried a bunch of stuff on the Surface over the last three days, deleting credentials, updating Windows, updating Office, checking connectivity issues with the mail server, disabling Microsoft Account Sign-In Assistant and so on, but after a restar we still get the password prompt it also usually shows up after the computer goes to sleep after not being used for a while

I've tried to find if someone has similar issues after updating to 2004, but I can't find nothing. Has anyone seen similar issues hand have an input in the matter? Thanks!

:)

Joakim Holmberg, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Dude Win User

Outlook always asks for a password...

Jeff, try this

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mempson/a...rd-prompt.aspx

3. newtekie1 Win User
    newtekie1, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

Jayzilla, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

1. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Outlook asking password

2. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Why is it with EVERY update Microsoft can't seem to get it right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-saving-passwords-after-windows-10/458af9fe-82d5-4fb4-ab32-bb5bcff3c1a1
  3. Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro. i updated my window a lot of time from 1803 to 1909 but it never ask me for the activation key because i already have geniune window installed in my laptop. but after the 2004 update it asks me for activation key. when i go in activation panel it...
  4. Outlook 2019 forgets passwords immediately after Windows 10 update to version 2004.

Outlook 2019 forgets passwords immediately after Windows 10 update to version 2004.: Hello, I was prompted to update my well working Windows 10 System to version 2004 in August 2020. Immediately after the update I started having continuous problems: - I am asked to fix my Microsoft accounts every couple of days; When I enter the password to the Microsoft...
  5. Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004

Outlook not saving passwords after windows 10 Update 2004: Since Windows 10 update 2004 loaded onto my PC, outlook 2010 will not store passwords for POP and Imap email accounts. I have to re-enter after every reboot. The password is cleared from the account settings user info page. On starting outlook it prompts for each password....
  6. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  7. Asking for Password not Exist after Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking for Password not Exist after Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook keeps asking for password after update 2004

2. win 10 outlook 2002 not saving password