Windows 10: Outlook Calendar - mark / show duplicate based on "Start"-date only

Discus and support Outlook Calendar - mark / show duplicate based on "Start"-date only in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Due to migrating Google Calendar into Outlook latter has a number of duplicates. However, the issue is, they are -not- exact duplicates, only the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Jan 29, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Outlook Calendar - mark / show duplicate based on "Start"-date only

Due to migrating Google Calendar into Outlook latter has a number of duplicates.

However, the issue is, they are -not- exact duplicates, only the Start date-time are duplicates.
    The end-timestamp may differ slightly and also the title.

Most duplicate checkers are checking on exact duplicates, so they are of no use.

How to find and show duplicates based on the Start-date/time only.

Show .. not delete, I would like to verify first which one should be deleted.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Jan 29, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User

Due to migrating Google Calendar into Outlook latter has a number of duplicates.

However, the issue is, they are -not- exact duplicates, only the Start date-time are duplicates.
    The end-timestamp may differ slightly and also the title.

Most duplicate checkers are checking on exact duplicates, so they are of no use.

How to find and show duplicates based on the Start-date/time only.

Show .. not delete, I would like to verify first which one should be deleted.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

tfwul, Jan 29, 2021
  3. tracit99 Win User
    Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side note Outlook.com>Calendar shows just the normal three. I have the duplicate calendars on both my laptops. So far I have tried deleting and reinstalling my MS account in Calendar. I have remove and reinstalled Mail and Calendar app. I restored an image from last week and initially they were only the three normal ones, but I guess it synced and now I have all six once again. I signed out into a local account and back to MS account. I spent an hour in a chat with Microsoft Support which is always a treat. So far there has not been a solution. I think it must be a MS server side issue, but I cannot do any thing about that. Maybe some MS maintenance has gone rogue. Your suggestions are welcomed.

Outlook Calendar - mark / show duplicate based on "Start"-date only [​IMG]

tracit99, Jan 29, 2021
  4. srino Win User

Live tile Outlook Calendar a day behind, but lock screen shows correct date...

Well, seeing as how I cannot uninstall the app, there is very little in terms of troubleshooting steps to try. I already unpinned and repinned the live tile and no good. Very strange problem. If I open the app from the app list, it shows the correct date.
    The problem appears only on the live tile. For instance, today is Thursday, the 3rd. My live tile shows Wednesday, the 2nd. When I open the app from the live tile the calendar shows the correct date. Thanks!

UPDATE: Issue resolved, maybe an update in the background I have no idea. But it works now.

srino, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Outlook Calendar - mark / show duplicate based on "Start"-date only - Similar Threads - Outlook Calendar mark

2. clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.: On the bottom right of the task bar next to action center, the calendar and agenda pops up but its showing my original calendar app and not Outlook's calendar.My default apps has Outlook set as the default mail and calendar app but it still doesnt show the correct one. all...
  3. clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.: On the bottom right of the task bar next to action center, the calendar and agenda pops up but its showing my original calendar app and not Outlook's calendar.My default apps has Outlook set as the default mail and calendar app but it still doesnt show the correct one. all...
  4. clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Outlook Calendar Beta app for Windows 11 shows calendar dates twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook Calendar Beta app for Windows 11 shows calendar dates twice: If you are seeing the calendar show the dates twice/double with the double being in parentheses regardless of being in the month/week/day view see below screenshot, you can fix it where you will:Open the calendar.Click the View tab.Click the Calendar Settings button.Scroll...
  6. New Outlook Calendar Beta app for Windows 11 shows calendar dates twice

New Outlook Calendar Beta app for Windows 11 shows calendar dates twice: If you are seeing the calendar show the dates twice/double with the double being in parentheses regardless of being in the month/week/day view see below screenshot, you can fix it where you will:Open the calendar.Click the View tab.Click the Calendar Settings button.Scroll...
  7. W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting

W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting: Hello, since yesterday (update to version 16006.11001.20083.0) the Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar apps are not starting anymore on my Lumia 735. There is nor error message or something else. Removing all accounts: same result.. Soft reset: same result. Even after a hard...
  8. Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage: I have a client who's users are using Outlook 2007. When one user creates a calendar event and another user double-clicks on the event, a window opens but instead of showing the text of the event, the body of the event shows what looks like HTML code. I have been Googling but...
  9. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...
  10. Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars: Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side...