Windows 10: Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage

Discus and support Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a client who's users are using Outlook 2007. When one user creates a calendar event and another user double-clicks on the event, a window opens... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mooreted, Aug 7, 2018.

1. mooreted Win User

Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage

I have a client who's users are using Outlook 2007. When one user creates a calendar event and another user double-clicks on the event, a window opens but instead of showing the text of the event, the body of the event shows what looks like HTML code. I have been Googling but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?

Here is an example of the code that shows up in the appointment event:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN”>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV=”Content-Type” CONTENT=”text/html; charset=iso-8859-1”>
    <META NAME=”Generator” CONTENT=”MS Exchange Server version 08.00.0681.000”>
    <TITLE>Dennis &amp; Carol (NEW)</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

Further update: They are using G Suite Sync for Outlook. I'm thinking maybe that is the problem. I'll try updating that and see what happens.

:)

mooreted, Aug 7, 2018
  2. srino Win User

Live tile Outlook Calendar a day behind, but lock screen shows correct date...

Well, seeing as how I cannot uninstall the app, there is very little in terms of troubleshooting steps to try. I already unpinned and repinned the live tile and no good. Very strange problem. If I open the app from the app list, it shows the correct date.
    The problem appears only on the live tile. For instance, today is Thursday, the 3rd. My live tile shows Wednesday, the 2nd. When I open the app from the live tile the calendar shows the correct date. Thanks!

UPDATE: Issue resolved, maybe an update in the background I have no idea. But it works now.

srino, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Live tile Outlook Calendar a day behind, but lock screen shows correct date...

Hi,

To better assist you with the Outlook calendar live tile issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are you having the same issue with the Outlook calendar app in the app list?
    • Have you tried to unpin the Outlook calendar live tile, then pin it again?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 7, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Sync Outlook Schedule With Droid?

My boss makes heavy use of Outlook's schedule/calendar and was wondering if it's possible to make it viewable on his Droid X? Also somewhat related, is it possible to import the Outlook calendar to Gmail's calendar...which I imagine should be easier to deal with on the Droid?

OrbitzXT, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage - Similar Threads - Outlook Calendar Showing

2. W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting: Hello, since yesterday (update to version 16006.11001.20083.0) the Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar apps are not starting anymore on my Lumia 735. There is nor error message or something else. Removing all accounts: same result.. Soft reset: same result. Even after a hard...
  3. Windows 10 show garbage characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 show garbage characters: Hi, All of sudden starting last week, my windows 10 shows garbage characters instead of english. For all the folders or whatever directory i am going, can't read anything, not sure what to do. I guess I didn't do anything special....
  4. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Calendar: when I change my font style in outlook calendar, as soon as I step away, but calendar defaults back to another style? Why does the changed style not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/5eba0318-53da-4805-8282-95f68621e1c2
  5. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?: Hi! My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show...
  6. Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars: Dear Spice & I have Outlook.com accounts (both updated), with calendars shared with each other on Outlook.com (co-owner access level). We can update each other's calendar directly on Outlook.com and in W10 Calendar. However, despite being configured as Exchange ActiveSync...
  7. Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar

Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar: Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10 contacts with my BB Z30....
  8. Outlook 2013 calendar section

Outlook 2013 calendar section: Since I installed Win10 I cannot open the calendar section in Outlook 2013. I get the following message: This set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you Paul 14703
  9. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365: I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family...
  10. Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app showing duplicate calendars: Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side...